Author Topic: Looking for Silver pullets/hatching eggs  (Read 2520 times)

Jean

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pipsandpeeps.com
Looking for Silver pullets/hatching eggs
« on: August 19, 2007, 01:11:33 AM »
Anyone out there have any silver pullets or silver variety eggs for sale that are not direct descendants of John\'s birds?

I already have three pullets and five roos from John and I wanted another blood line to add to the mix.

Thanks,

Jean

PS I have already checked the breeders directory........
Jean

Mike Gilbert

« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2007, 08:39:40 AM »
Jean, Duane Urch\'s strain is different than John\'s, but his females do not have nice even stippling.   I think size is pretty good, and male color is quite good.   He used to get a few willow legs, but I really don\'t know if any improvement has been made in recent years.   I sold him a couple of cockerels a few years ago, as Duane felt his were getting too inbred at the time.   So what he has now may be different than what I am most familiar with.   Duane runs a display ad in Poultry Press, but if you need a contact number or address let me know.

Jean

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pipsandpeeps.com
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2007, 09:11:11 PM »
Thanks Mike.

Duane has his birds on a site now with Danke Brothers; poultrypromotion.com.  Here is a couple of photos of his or Danke birds:

I called him about a month ago and he said he had nothing available.  Maybe I will e-mail from the site and see what I get.

I haven\'t forgotten that I made arrangements with you. :)

Jean
Jean

Mike Gilbert

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2007, 10:18:11 PM »
Jean, I looked over my silver pullets, and decided there would be nothing worth breeding from this year except the two I\'m keeping for myself.   If I should decide not to breed them you will have first chance to get them.  I did get rid of three that were off - color at a swap meet last Saturday.  
Thanks for sharing the pics of Duane\'s birds.   Those hens are awfully shafty.   Still, it might be something to work into your own line, as long as you are willing to raise lots and cull heavily.   If nothing else it would probably increase size and vigor.