Author Topic: 2005 ABC National Meet  (Read 18131 times)

John

2005 ABC National Meet
« on: August 01, 2005, 09:40:02 PM »
The ad for the show is on the bottom of page 10 in the August issue of Poultry Press.
\"Southern Missouri Poultry Show\", October 15, at the Missouri State Fairgrounds in Sedalia.
Judges: Don Karasek and Don Juencke.
Call Pat Johnson, 1-417-993-0099, for a Show Catalog.
Many of us are going to make this one day show a two day event for our Ameraucana National meet.
Make reservations at the Best Western, 1-660-826-6100, for Friday and Saturday, October 14 & 15.  $62.10 per night.
We\'re going to the Show Me state and show them what Ameraucanas are all about.  Hope to see you there!

2005 ABC National Meet
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2005, 07:37:32 PM »
I\'m starting to look forward to it. there a couple of birds out of the chicks we got from you starting to look pretty good. so hopefully we\'ll have something to bring.  Chris

John

2005 ABC National Meet
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2005, 08:59:39 PM »
Since I don\'t go to many shows, I really look forward to our National meet.  It\'s great to see the members I know and meet others that I\'ve only corresponded with.  We can check out the progress of the different varieties and talk chicken.  I just like to kick back as much possible, but generally am busy due to the Secretary/Treasurer job.  
My wife, Kathy, is not into the fancy but always goes with me.  She and Mary Gilbert are great friends and go shopping and stuff, while Mike and I go to the show.  It\'s always nice to get a BV or even BB, but I\'ve never been very competitive.  It is the annual vacation that I get to choose.

John

2005 ABC National Meet
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2005, 09:14:16 PM »
Here\'s a photo of Mike Gilbert and Wayne Gritter discussing some of the finer points.  I think it was at our National meet in 2000.  I used part of this photo in the new Handbook.

Mike Gilbert

2005 ABC National Meet
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2005, 11:06:22 PM »
Now there is couple of serious looking dudes!  Actually we were looking over the black gold bantam entries at the national meet held in Lucasville, Ohio, a couple of years ago.
For more info on what we were discussing see the article on black golds in the new handbook.    

Mike

John

2005 ABC National Meet
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2005, 08:53:10 PM »
The Show Catalogs & Entry Forms for the Southern Missouri Poultry Show have been mailed.  If you didn\'t receive one, but would like one please call Pat Johnson, at 1-417-993-0099, to request one.
This is OUR annual National Meet...Please try to attend!

John

2005 ABC National Meet
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2005, 07:45:15 PM »
Who is going to the National meet in MO, next month?
Please add to this list and correct me if I\'m mistaken, but these are some that I\'m quite sure will be there:
(updated 9/19/05)
Ronda Anderson
John Blehm
Rande Buske
Barbara Campbell
Paul & Ronda Caruso
Jerry DeSmidt
Mike Gilbert
Chris Link
Michael Muenks
Paul, Angela & Matthew Smith
Angela Stanley
Amber Stapp
Bob & Teresa Walchak
 :p?

bantamhill

2005 ABC National Meet
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2005, 12:33:21 PM »
Hello all . . .

I am on the list for attending, but I am wondering if anyone is interested in meeting on Thursday or Friday evening to visit at my home which is about 40 miles from the show? I would be happy to host a gathering. I do not mind and plan to go to things at the hotel and fairgrounds . . . just thought I would offer . . .

Michael

John

2005 ABC National Meet
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2005, 08:05:24 PM »
I am on the list for attending, but I am wondering if anyone is interested in meeting on Thursday or Friday evening to visit at my home which is about 40 miles from the show? I would be happy to host a gathering. I do not mind and plan to go to things at the hotel and fairgrounds . . . just thought I would offer . . .

Michael

Friday sounds like a plan.  We haven\'t planned the drive yet, but hope to get there sometime Friday morning unless others are coming sooner.  Thanks for the invite!
I think we plan to have our club meeting at the hotel on Friday afternoon, but don\'t know if a time has been set.

I received a note from Rande Buske today regarding a new address and phone number for him.  He says \"I am planning to get to Mo.  Not sure if I will have entries but will be good to see everybody!\"  
Rande is \"the\" breeder of Ameraucana white bantams.  His new phone number is (608)489-4572, in case we would like to inquire about availability of birds.

John

2005 ABC National Meet
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2005, 08:31:50 AM »
The following is from Paul & Angela Smith...
The Real Truth About The 2005 Ameraucana National Meet

The Ameraucana National will be at the Southern Missouri Poultry Club Show (SMPC) held at the Missouri State Fair Grounds in Sedalia, Missouri on October 15,2005.  Our annual business meeting will be held on Friday, Oct. 14, at the Best Western Motel meeting room from 2:00 - 4:00 pm.  We have 20 rooms blocked for our ABC members.  Our awards/dinner will be Saturday evening at the Carousel Restaurant inside the Best Western Motel.  The time will be announced at the show.  This will be the first national meet in the South-Central District, since it was created about 5 years ago.  I hope you will be able to help make it a great success by supporting it with your presence and as many good Ameraucanas as possible, there will be an Ameraucana egg contest again this year.  Mike Gilbert has agreed to be in charge of this.  There will be four classes - hen and pullet in both bantam and large fowl (LF).  The winner of each class will receive a plaque.  All the plaques are being made now.  A local trophy company is building all the metal parts and I’m doing the wood and assembly.  The SMPC will be furnishing the awards for BB & RB of both bantam and large fowl.  The open show has plaques for Champion and Reserve Ameraucana (bantam and large fowl competing).  There are plaques for both bantam and LF for best trio and best display.  The junior show has plaques for BB bantam and LF.  A memorial traveling plaque honoring Arne Schmidt is also being made.  It will rotate to the BV at the national meet from black to blue to buff to white in the LF open show.  It will go through this cycle either three or four times.  When it is filled, it will stay with the one who wins it the most number of times.  In the event there is a tie, it will go to the one tied who won the most recent year.
  The bantams also have a traveling plaque which goes to the BB bantam in the open show.
  Hand painted plates and mugs will be given to each of the 8 recognized BV and RV, respectfully, in both bantam and LF in the open show.
Areatha Mahan does an outstanding job with these.  I felt we were very fortunate to be able to get these for our awards.  Any other variety which will include the black gold, barred (cuckoo), splash, smoke, etc… will receive cash awards in lieu of the painted awards, due to not knowing which variety to paint on them before the show.

John & Kathy Blehm have donated 10 t-shirts which will go to best and reserve Ameraucana by a jr.,  BV Brown-Red, Buff, Silver and AOV in both bantam and LF.  Cash donations have been made by:
Richard & Barbara Campbell, Mike & Mary Gilbert,
Hal & Pam Marietta and Angela & I,
which paid for the 16 plates and 16 mugs.  The trophy company hasn’t been paid, yet.  
Anyone who can help with this expense is asked to send donations to:
Paul Smith, 2257 CR 224 Gainesville, TX. 76240
  We also need items for our club raffle.  Angela & I are donating a quality reproduction of an oil painting of Jesus.  Our church sells them to help fund a building expansion project.  It is an awesome picture and in the process of being copyrighted at this time.  One of our church members painted it about 2 years ago.
  Don’t miss out on this great history making event!
Entries close Oct. 7,2005!!!  A catalog may be acquired by contacting Pat Johnson, 36 Osage Rd., Urbana, MO. 65767
Phone # : 417-993-0099
e-mail: jjohnson013@centurytel.net
  Anyone who wants to make a copy of the 2004 national BV pictures on The ABC Sharing Place  or other pictures of the event needs to do so by Oct. 16.  We will have to delete all of these in order to post pictures from the 2005 national.  The thread “The Real Truth About The 2004 National”, may be accessed by clicking on view all messages.  Then click on previous 50 messages.  When the previous 50 message board appears click on previous 50 messages again.  This process has to be repeated one more time, then on the third previous 50 the thread “The Real Truth About 2004 National” should appear near the bottom of the list.

Remember Oct. 7, 2005 is the deadline to enter the 2005 national.  Hope to see you there!

Paul

PS Only Ameraucana Breeder Club Members are eligible for awards offered by the ABC and it’s members!  Join the ABC today.  Check out : http://www.Ameraucana.org for info and form to join.

Blue Egg Acres

2005 ABC National Meet
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2005, 11:57:02 AM »
Michael, Friday evening sounds good for us. We plan to leave here Thursday afternoon/evening and get in Friday in time to coop in and attend the meeting.

John, I\'m a little confused about the difference between the Inside Sales Area and the Swap Area?

John

2005 ABC National Meet
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2005, 12:37:31 PM »
John, I\'m a little confused about the difference between the Inside Sales Area and the Swap Area?

I\'m not sure what post you are referring to, but most shows offer an inside sale area with coops to put your sale birds in for a fee.  Some shows also allow exhibitors to sell their birds from their own vehicles, in the parking lot, for a fee.  Either or both areas could be referred to as swap areas.

Mike Gilbert

2005 ABC National Meet
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2005, 01:48:38 PM »
Add one more to the attendee list.   My neighbor, Bob Walchak and his wife Teresa plan to attend.   They have some very nice bantams, no large fowl.   Bob won best wheaten bantam, one of the best egg plaques,  and several other awards at last year\'s national meet in Portage, Wisconsin.

2005 ABC National Meet
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2005, 01:54:20 PM »
Hi Barbra, the Missouri State Fair building has 2 rooms in it  the smaller room is located on the right side of the building as you enter from the front it is used during the fair for waterfowl and turkeys when we have club shows there it is used as an inside sale area for exhibiters. so anyone exhibiting birds can rent a coop or 2 to sell birds from, or if you choose you can get an outside area for $5 and set up as many birds as you wish. it will be great to meet all the folks I haven\'t had a chance to yet. Chris

Blue Egg Acres

2005 ABC National Meet
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2005, 02:01:56 PM »
Sorry not to be more clear John. I was referring to the info in the show catalog.

Thanks Chris, that helps alot.  :p