Author Topic: 2005 ABC National Meet  (Read 18030 times)

John

2005 ABC National Meet
« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2005, 09:15:32 AM »
There were 168 Ameraucanas.  I do have some photos of some birds too.
I didn\'t get pictures of all the ABC members there and not all of our member that were there showed Ameraucanas.  There was Robert and Teresa Walchak, A.J. Buford, Jerry DeSmidt, Nancy Dean, Paul & Angela Smith and Matthew, Dan Demarest, Angela Stanley, Al Nichols, Charlie Simpson, Mike & Mary Gilbert, Ray Johnson, Amber Stapp, Chris Link, Barbara & Dick Campbell, Mary Lou Phelps, Michael & Anastasia Muenks and Eve & Lucy, John & Kathy Blehm and David...
Am I missing anyone?

John

2005 ABC National Meet
« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2005, 09:23:56 AM »
Bob Walchak, of Wisconsin, receives a hand painted mug award presented by Matthew Smith, of Texas.

Paul

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
2005 ABC National Meet
« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2005, 12:26:25 AM »
  The 2005 national meet is now history!  There were 13 Ameraucana exhibitors from 6 states, who showed 90 bantams, 69 large fowl and 6 junior large fowl.  Don Karasek from Wisconsin did an excellent job of judging our meet held at the Southern Missouri Poultry Club Show in Sedalia, Missouri.
  There were 9 blue bantams shown.  The top two were both pullets shown by Michael Gilbert.  Fourteen brown-red bantams were shown.  Robert Walchak\'s pullet was reserve and Michael Gilbert\'s cockerel was BV.  The blue wheaten class also had 9 shown with Robert Walchak\'s pullet winning reserve and Michael Gilbert\'s pullet winning the class.  Ten buff bantams were shown with Robert Walchak\'s pullet filling the reserve and Michael Gilbert\'s cock the best of variety.  Ten white bantams were shown with Robert Walchak\'s pullet topping the class and his cockerel filling the reserve.  Michael Gilbert showed an excellent trio in the wheaten class of 13 head.  His pullets from the trio filled the BV and RV.  There were only 3 silver bantams shown and Michael Gilbert\'s pullets won the BV and RV.  The All Other Varieties Class consisted of one splash wheaten pullet and 4 black gold females.  The BV was Michael Gilbert\'s black gold pullet and the reserve was Al Nichols black gold hen.  Blacks were the largest class of bantams with 17 head.  Jerry DeSmidt had the reserve on a hen.  Michael Gilbert had the BV on a pullet which won best of breed, champion All Other Comb Clean Legged, champion bantam, champion Ameraucana and champion of the Southern Missouri Poultry Club show.  Congratulations, Michael on an outstanding accomplishment produced by many years of selective breeding.  Michael also had the reserve breed bantam on his blue pullet.  There were two bantam displays.  Michael Gilbert scored 64 with his brown-red display and Jerry DeSmidt won the plaque with a score of 70 on his black display.  Michael Gilbert won the bantam trio plaque on his wheaten bantams and Jerry DeSmidt had reserve on his black trio.
  The large fowl show was down by about half at the 69 head show, mostly due to many of the older birds in molt.  There were 17 head in both the blue and black class.  Angela & I had the BV on a blue cockerel and RV on a blue pullet.  Thirteen whites were shown.  Jerry DeSmidt had the RV on his pullet and the BV on his cock.  Seven wheatens were shown.  Angela & I had RV on our cock and BV on our pullet.  Five blue wheatens were shown.  Angela & I had pullets to fill both of the top places.  Four buff were shown.  Jerry DeSmidt won the BV on a hen.  Angela & I had RV on a pullet.  Three silver were shown.  Michael Muenks had both BV and RV on hens.  John Blehm showed the only brown-red large fowl - a very good cockerel which is capable of advancing the brown-red variety and defeating many in the variety.  Thanks John for bringing him.  There were some of each of the 8 recognized varieties shown in both large fowl and bantam.  Without the brown-red cockerel this wouldn\'t have been so.  There were 17 blacks shown.  Angela and I had RV on our black cockerel which recently won reserve large fowl at our local Red River Show.  Jerry DeSmidt had the BV black on a hen.  She also won champion All Other Standard Breed, reserve Ameraucana and reserve large fowl of the
Southern Missouri Poultry Club Show.  Jerry received the Arne Schmidt\'s traveling plaque.  Our blue cockerel was reserve breed and reserve AOSB.  There were 3 large fowl displays shown.  Jerry DeSmidt scored 66 points on his whites.  Angela & I scored 72 points on blacks and won the plaque with a score of 90 points on blues.  Our blues also won the best large fowl trio and Jerry DeSmidt had reserve with his whites.
  The egg contest was another success thanks to
Michael & Mary Gilbert, John & Kathy Blehm and all who helped with it.  Plaques were received by each of the egg contest winners who were Michael Muenks, bantam hen; John Blehm bantam pullet; Barbara Campbell LF hen; and Angela & I, LF pullet.
  Special thanks to John Blehm, Michael Muenks and Barbara Campbell and all who helped with the raffle to raise funds to help pay for the national awards.  Special thanks to the Southern Missouri Poulty Club for hosting our Ameraucana national, furnishing the beautiful silver plates for the BB and RB of both bantam and large fowl and also contributing to the awards fund.  Special thanks to Michael & Mary Gilbert, Michael & Anastasia Muenks, Barbara & Richard Campbell, Jerry DeSmidt, Jake Hendzel, Robert & Teresa Walchak, Hal & Pam Marietta, John & Kathy Blehm, Angela & I and the ABC for contributing to the awards fund.  Thanks to all exhibitors who came and supported the national show.  Areatha Mahan did an outstanding job on the hand painted plates and mugs which were awarded to the BV and RV respectfully in both bantam and large fowl in the 8 recognized varieties.  They were received by the ABC members.  Many came to me expressing how awesome the awards for our meet were.  Thanks Areatha, for sharing your abilities with our national ABC exhibitors. Also thanks to Nelda Ware of Joe K. Ware Trophy Company for making the engraved plates for our plaques.
  We didn\'t get to make the dinner party or business meeting held at Michael & Anastasia Muenks place, due to an 11 hour delay caused by a fuel pump going out on our pick-up.  I heard it was very good!  Sorry we missed it, Michael & Anastasia.  I\'m looking forward to seeing your birds at your place while at Sedalia for a show in the future.  We had to get on home Sunday to get Matthew ready for school on Monday.
  Speaking of Matthew there were 6 large fowl in the junior show by 2 junior exhibitors.  Matthew won BB, champion AOSB and reserve Champion Large Fowl in the junior show on a blue pullet.  His black pullet won BV and reserve breed.
  The awards dinner party on Saturday night at the Carousel Restaurant went well.  I truly enjoyed this week-end and look forward to showing at our 2006 national in Bay City, Michigan in October.
  We will post photos ASAP.
Paul Smith

John

2005 ABC National Meet
« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2005, 07:44:00 PM »
Michael Gilbert had the BV on a pullet which won best of breed, champion All Other Comb Clean Legged, champion bantam, champion Ameraucana and champion of the Southern Missouri Poultry Club show. Congratulations, Michael on an outstanding accomplishment produced by many years of selective breeding.

2005 ABC National Meet
« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2005, 09:54:28 PM »
WOW!  That is an awesome blue!  :p
Congratulations to Mike and all the other winners!

John

2005 ABC National Meet
« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2005, 07:07:33 PM »
Paul and Angela have post many photos of the winning Ameraucanas on the ABC Sharing Place site:
http://groups.msn.com/ABCShareingPlace/inthenews.msnw?action=get_message&mview=0&ID_Message=5015&LastModified=4675544405183372785&all_topics=1

John

2005 ABC National Meet
« Reply #36 on: October 23, 2005, 07:14:52 PM »
The Arne Schmidt Memorial award was presented to Jerry DeSmidt by Matthew Smith assisted by his parents, Paul and Angela Smith.