Author Topic: WANTED: Ameraucana fertile eggs, chicks, starters etc., in Northern Calif  (Read 2131 times)

Anyone in Northern Calif. (Butte, Yuba, Plumas, Glenn, Tehama, Sutter Counties) have any true Ameraucana\'s they\'re willing to part with?  

I\'d like all one variety, but haven\'t decided which, so any suggestions would be appreciated.  We have kids on a small farm.  We\'d like something that will be a good layer and will want to set a nest on occasion and also be a good meat bird.  

I\'d be happy with a small flock, starters, chicks or fertile eggs to replace our Easter Eggers.

I\'m also looking for the same in Silver Appleyard or Ancona ducks.  

In our inexperience, last year we bought EE chicks thinking they were Ameraucana\'s.  While they are fun to have around and produce large quantities of eggs (some of which are pretty unique, like the one in the pic), they are not true to the breed we wanted.  

The egg in the pic was 5.1 oz on a zeroed out scale (confirmed on another scale).  When we opened it, there was another perfectly formed egg inside... shell and all!   :o

Thanks all.  This forum is awesome!  
[/color]

bryngyld

• ABC Members
  • Associate
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bryngyld.com
WANTED: Ameraucana fertile eggs, chicks, starters etc., in Northern Calif
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2007, 12:24:40 PM »
There are at least two sources of true Ameraucanas in Sacramento County, both of us at the north end - near Sutter, Yuba and Placer Counties.  Linda has some nice Wheaten (Cree stock) and I have Black Gold (a variety in progress).  I do get some solid recognized colors in my hatches, but they have black or blue gold parents...  Contact me privately for Linda\'s email:  lyne@bryngyld.com
Lyne Peterson
Northern California