Author Topic: NATIONAL MEET - GREAT FALLS, MONTANA  (Read 29792 times)

Mike Gilbert

NATIONAL MEET - GREAT FALLS, MONTANA
« on: October 07, 2007, 01:13:12 AM »
I had a phone call from Bob Walchak tonight.   Bob was calling from Great Falls, Montana, where our 2007 national meet was judged today.   I\'m told that Paul Smith will post all the results when he returns from the trip.   Congratulations to Paul and Angela, who had show champion.    According to Bob, a black bantam pullet sent to the show by yours truly went reserve.    Bob took six BV\'s and RV\'s in the bantams, while Jerry DeSmidt also gathered in a large share of the awards.  Sorry I don\'t have any more details at this time, but keep your attention here for more information in the days ahead.

bantamhill

« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2007, 09:17:14 PM »
We had a great time at the show. Koralyn and the folks from the club were great to be with. It was an extremely busy day after the adventure getting here. I think Paul and Angela are going to work on posting items this week as they travel to Missouri for the South Central District meet. I will keep mum for now and let you all in suspense!

Michael

Jean

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pipsandpeeps.com
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2007, 01:47:50 PM »
I have unofficial results, if someone would like for me to post them later this afternoon....

Jean

PS I also have pictures that I will be working on this week to post.  I think the Smith\'s and I will be collaborating to see which are the best for posting with the official results as they took pictures also.
Jean

bantamhill

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2007, 08:50:00 PM »
The Ameraucana Breeders Club National Meet was judged by Paul Waiser at the first show of this double show. The champion Ameraucana was a large fowl black pullet by Paul Smith, the reserve champion Ameraucana was a bantam black pullet by Mike Gilbert, and the champion Ameraucana over-all for the junior show was a large fowl black cockerel by Tegan Riley.

Mike Gilbert had the best of variety and reserve of variety for both black and blue Ameraucana bantam. Mike Gilbert’s black pullet was also best of breed and reserve champion AOCCL. Robert Walchak had the best of variety and Mike Gilbert had the reserve of variety for blue wheaten Ameraucana bantam. Robert Walchak had the best of variety and reserve of variety for both brown red and wheaten Ameraucana bantam. Michael Muenks had the best of variety in buff Ameraucana bantam. Jerry DeSmidt had the best of variety and Robert Walchak had the reserve of variety for white Ameraucana bantam. Jerry DeSmidt’s white bantam pullet was reserve of breed. Mike Gilbert had the best of variety and Jerry DeSmidt had the reserve of variety for AOV Ameraucana bantam with their splash bantam Ameraucana.

For the large fowl Ameraucana Paul and Angela Smith had the best of breed and reserve of breed in black large fowl Ameraucana. Paul and Angela Smith’s black cockerel and pullet were also best of breed and reserve of breed along with being champion and reserve champion AOSB. Paul and Angela Smith had the best of variety and Jerry DeSmidt had the reserve of variety for blue large fowl Ameraucana. Paul and Angela Smith had the best of variety and Jean Ribbeck had the reserve of variety for blue wheaten large fowl. Michael Muenks had the best of variety and Jerry DeSmidt had the reserve of variety for buff large fowl Ameraucana. Michael Muenks had the best of variety and reserve of variety for silver large fowl Ameraucana. Paul and Angela Smith had best of variety and reserve of variety for wheaten large fowl. Jerry DeSmidt had best of variety and reserve of variety for white large fowl. Jerry DeSmidt had best of variety and Paul and Angela Smith had reserve of variety for AOV Ameraucana large fowl with their splash large fowl Ameraucana.

Don Cable was awarded the Ameraucana Breeders Club Lifetime Achievement Award for his long-term work with the recognition and establishment of Ameraucana as a breed and his service to the club. The Arnie Schmidt large fowl traveling trophy was awarded to Michael Muenks for his best of variety buff large fowl hen and the Champion Bantam Ameraucana award went to Mike Gilbert for his black bantam pullet.

jwoodhaven

• ABC Lifetime Award
  • Associate
    • View Profile
    • http://www.woodhavenpoultry.com
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2007, 08:27:20 AM »
I need a photo of the members that was taken at the national show so that I can put the add together, If anyone has that photo of the group please send that to jwoodhaven@aol.com so I can get it to Bill Wulff for the Poultry Press.

Jerry

John

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2007, 08:53:24 AM »
I believe Michael sent the group photo to the Poultry Press with his article.

Jean

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2007, 01:17:31 PM »
Back Row: Michael Muenks, Jerry DeSmidt, Susie Winder and Nadine Wisniewski.

First Row: Koralyn Kibbee, James Freeman, Paul Smith, Bob Walchak (holding \"Little Mike\"), Jean Ribbeck and Gracie Ribbeck.
Jean

John

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2007, 01:25:25 PM »
???

I don\'t know, but we have or had a MT member by the name of Paula Kellerman...was she there?

Jean

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2007, 02:03:43 PM »
John,

That name is not on the exhibitor list.  I thought it was either Nadine Wisniewski or Theresa Lombardi, but I do not see them on the last member list, but they are on the exhibitor list.

Jean
Jean

John

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2007, 02:26:36 PM »
Email Koralyn and include the photo.  I\'m sure she will know.

bantamhill

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2007, 02:57:47 PM »
It is Nadine.

Michael

Mike Gilbert

« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2007, 03:47:20 PM »
It\'s nice to be able to put faces with the names we have seen here on the forum.    Thanks for posting the pic.   What a good looking group we have!

Jean

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2007, 09:02:57 PM »
I thought I would post some additional photos from the show.

Jean
Jean

Jean

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2007, 09:14:44 PM »
And more...
Jean

Jean