Author Topic: Weird Markings  (Read 10743 times)

verycherry

Weird Markings
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2009, 12:33:38 PM »
I have a Wheaten Marans pullet colored much like this one.  I believe she\'s a cross between my Wheaten Marans female and my Black Tailed Buff Marans rooster.  I had him in the pen with my Wheatens for a short time.  This line has been known throw BTB from time to time anyway, and in fact, my BTB Marans roo was hatched out of Wheatens from the same lines.  I\'m planning on breeding my pullet back to her BTB father to see if I can get some BTB hens which are hard to find in the U.S.  There is also information on the French Marans site about BTB coming from Wheaten.  Just makes me wonder about your girl.

cedarpondfarm

Weird Markings
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2009, 11:17:03 PM »
Mr. Tailfeathers, can you tell me how to send larger pics llike yours?  

Tailfeathers

Weird Markings
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2009, 10:01:26 PM »
I have not been able to make the time to post those pics on here yet and am just going through some of the recent threads now.  

I think I\'ve got the answer as to posting pics on here and apparently it is a time consuming and tedious task.  So, with that in mind, I did email some of you pics of my birds and the questions I had at the time.  Now, do you think I should go ahead and post just a couple of the pics on here for discussion or is the topic not worth it?

God Bless,

cedarpondfarm

Weird Markings
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2009, 09:29:18 AM »
I can only get the tiny pics to post which show no details at all.  I have software to resize but cannot get the site to accept anything bigger than what they allow, which is what you would expect, but how are others getting around that command?    

John

Weird Markings
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2009, 12:52:51 PM »

tiny pics to post

Do a search on this forum using the word \"resize\" for some ideas.
I use Microsoft Office Picture Manager and the Compress Pictures option under Edit Pictures.
Sherry has recommended using FREE resizing software that you can download: http://bluefive.pair.com/pixresizer.htm

Tailfeathers

Weird Markings
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2011, 11:28:19 PM »
Well folks, I\'m baaaack!

Just thought I\'d let the Old Timers (and I say that with the utmost affection!) know that I got another one of those birds like the one pictured at the beginning of this post.  In fact I have two.  

These aren\'t marked the exact same way but are darker like the previous one and one has large blotches of black througout it\'s body.  The same has an almost complete black tail.  

I don\'t know why I didn\'t think of this before but I will have to check their toe punch to see if they\'re related to the previous birds.  What I can tell you is that I hatched out over 150 WBS chicks this year and these are the only two that showed up like this.

So I\'m just figuring that it\'s some kind of a special conglomeration of genes that just happens from time to time with this variety.  Anybody else working on the WBS that is finding this?

Btw, on a side note, I noticed that I have a Wheaten Cockerel this year that turned out with white in a couple of primaries.  Never had that before at all.  Go figure.

God Bless,