Author Topic: PayPal  (Read 2312 times)

PayPal
« on: February 04, 2008, 06:40:46 PM »
Thanks for the info John.

I have a small suggestion. The club may want to open a PayPal account to make payment easier for these. I\'d be willing to pay more for the convenience (to cover PayPal\'s fee). You then don\'t have to worry about \"bounced\" checks or snail mail delays. You may even decide to accept membership dues this way. I belong to a couple clubs doing it this way, and it makes paying very easy and fast.

John

PayPal
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2008, 06:53:56 PM »
The club may want to open a PayPal account to make payment easier

We\'ve had that suggested before and looked into it a year or two ago.  As I recall PayPal gets a % of the take for their service and we figured that would reduce the revenue that the club would receive.  I understand the convenience of PayPal and we may sign up someday.  I would want the person paying via PayPal to pay a higher price though to more than cover the fees.  If we get a round to adding a \"store\" page to the site to sell ABC Patches, Egg Charts, etc. we may look into a PayPal account at that time.
Thanks,

PayPal
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2008, 07:00:22 PM »
Yes, they take about 3%. I\'d pay an extra dollar or two for the convenience. I think there are many like me. The whole letter, stamp, post office, delay thing is just too much like work.

The day my business started taking credit cards, my business doubled. The day it started accepting PayPal, it went up another 50%. Something to think about...