The Official Forum of the Ameraucana Breeders Club > Ameraucana Marketplace

Silver Standard Description

<< < (12/13) > >>

Guest:

Well, I will express my opinion on several matters.
The first being I have the 2001 Standars Of Perfection, and refuse to go by umteen other years just to follow the conversation, sooo sufice it to say, I have never seen a \"silver\" male or female in ANY breed look like the pictures listed on page 197 of the 2001 Standard.
I will say I don\'t like, nor want any silver duckwing\'s.
I do like the \"slivers\" that we currently have, anmd with them both males and females have striping in their hackle feathers, most from the head down, out males have varying amount of striping in their saddle feathers, most have it quite noticable, but occasionaly we do have one that will be just the ends with striping.
on page 242 they do show a picture of a \"dutch Bantam\", but If the picture is as far off as ther large fowl Ameraucana, hoe can anyone tell what is really beign shown?
in the picture their is mote striping in the male\'
s hackle and saddle, but the female looks blue on her back, and almost no color on her breast.
Oh and did I mention tha the picture of the large fowl Hen also shows her with a blue back section, and a light almost white underside??
Never seen this in any actuel birds?
and the silver Leghorn on page 133, shows striping in the lower portion of te nhackle and none in the saddle on ther male, and again a blue, or  Grey\" back end on the hen.

SOOOO am I color blind too? as well as having problem seeing??

I agree the pictures DO help give an overview as to the Proper\" look of the standard..but lets just say they also leave a LOT to be desired.

grisaboy:
I agree with the proposal to change the Silver Color description to be the same as the Silve Color as described for the Silver Dutch Bantam.
This will especially be an improvement for the male color.
I would prefer to see the female breast color described as \'salmon\' rather than \'light salmon\', but it is exceptable as it is.

Curtis

John:

--- Quote ---we recommended a change in the silver variety description to refer to the Dutch silver description instead of the Leghorn description. Did this get done?
--- End quote ---

As I recall Sam Brush said it was to be changed in the next edition of the Standard.  I even asked for input from club members via the Bulletin as per Sam\'s request.  A reminder may be in order, since this was 4 years ago.

John:
I got my new Standard in the mail today.  I haven\'t looked it over much, but did check to see if the \"silver\" description got updated...it did!  Thanks to Sam for getting the change made as the ABC requested.  
The bad part is both the LF and bantam descriptions refer to two different pages for the Dutch silver description and it\'s not on either. (Not page 238 or 245, but 248)
I hope this Standard doesn\'t have near the amount of mistakes as my old one does.

Jean:
I have noticed that some of the \"refer to\" pages are not quite right.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version