Author Topic: National Meet  (Read 3528 times)

Mike Gilbert

National Meet
« on: August 29, 2008, 04:54:58 PM »
The entry form for the site of our 2008 National Meet in Minnesota is in the September Edition of Poultry Press.   Entries close October 10th.    The poultry judges they hired are Bart Pals of Iowa, John Thomforde of Minnesota, and Don Karasek of Wisconsin.     Bart and Don have judged ABC national meets before, and John actually raises some Ameraucana bantams.  I\'m not sure if John is a club member or not.   Does anyone know if we have chosen, or negotiated the right to choose, our national meet judge?   I\'m comfortable with any of the three, but would like to know which of the three will do our judging this year.

bantamhill

National Meet
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2008, 12:17:50 PM »
Mike:

Somewhere in the back of my mind I remember an earlier conversation among the board of directors where Don Karasek was requested to be the judge for the 2008 National Meet. I will check with Jerry to confirm.

Michael

bantamhill

National Meet
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2008, 07:32:08 AM »
Mike:

I checked with Jerry and my memory was correct. Don Karasek was selected as the judge for the Ameraucana 2008 National.

Michael

Mike Gilbert

National Meet
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2008, 08:27:39 AM »
Thanks Michael.   Don judged the national at Sedalia, MO, and has  judged Ameraucanas at smaller meets as well.  It looks like a motherlode of awards according to the show listing.  Jerry must have been busy.  

jwoodhaven

• ABC Lifetime Award
  • Associate
    • View Profile
    • http://www.woodhavenpoultry.com
National Meet
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2008, 09:26:57 AM »
I have been very busy and would like to thank Michael as well he has helped a great deal

Jerry

Paul

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
National Meet
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2008, 10:33:07 AM »
  I was looking over the Minnesota State Poultry Association entry form in the Poultry Press, and noticed Premise Number, on the form!  Is it a requirement that we have a Premise Number to show in Minnesota?  I have a required import number for Minnesota, but not a Premise Number for the Animal ID.  The new import forms, which recently came in the mail didn\'t require a Premise Number.  I\'m totally against the Animal ID program and haven\'t registered our place.  I feel, with time our government will force everyone who has any animals, to be a participant in the program.  The real reason for the AIDS is, so the soon coming one world government will have total control of the world\'s food supply.

Paul Smith
Paul Smith

John

National Meet
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2008, 06:09:03 PM »
Premise Number

I read the \"rules\" and it doesn\'t mention a Premise Number, let alone that one is required.  I will leave the black empty on the form.  If they say a Premise Number is needed, I won\'t show.  I don\'t see a  
Show management should not have it on the entry form if if isn\'t required by the law.  Those of us that believe in civil liberties are offended.
I\'ve put in a call to Mary Ann to find an answer.