Author Topic: new baby!!!! Ameraucana..blue?  (Read 3024 times)

new baby!!!! Ameraucana..blue?
« on: November 13, 2008, 01:54:57 PM »
Hi everybody,  Thanks to John, I can post pics!!!

this is our FIRST BORN from our blue/black/splash breeding program..

\"He\" is about 7 days old in this pic,  father is our blue Ameraucana roo and Squawk, a black ameraucana hen.  (We think squawk oriinally came from Paul smiths line)

please.... constructive criticism.. i think he will be blue...i hope!

Mike Gilbert

« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2008, 02:49:28 PM »
Never saw a blue chick colored like that.   Those black wing feathers and the brown on the head indicate something else is going on.   Best to wait and see what develops.

Jean

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pipsandpeeps.com
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2008, 03:23:06 PM »
I agree with Mike, it looks like someone else sneeked in to the coop to spend a little time with your gal.   :p

Jean
Jean

John

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2008, 07:08:09 PM »
Mike and Jean are right.  Check the photos of day-old Chicks on the Photos page and you\'ll see he/she doesn\'t match any of the varieties.
How about photos of the cock and hen?

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2008, 10:43:49 PM »
Looks like someone had fun that didn\'t belong.  Once I was shocked to have a tufted chick pop out of an orp egg, apparently my Araucana roo someone got where he didn\'t belong.  :o

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2008, 02:21:10 PM »
thank you everyone for your advice!  I think that the problem is with the roo.. don\'t have decent pic of roo since molt,  but I am attaching a pic of  the mamma,  Squawk.. i don\'t see anything in her that is incorrect, altho she is not a huge hen, rather petite..
she has slate legs (altho pic is cut off).. she has nice muffs and beard, curved beak,  correct tail carriage

I will try to get pics of roo this afternoon!