Author Topic: Photos  (Read 3209 times)

Jean

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pipsandpeeps.com
Photos
« on: September 29, 2008, 12:23:24 PM »
Can the site administrator help me out with a ??

Someone is using my buff LF picture to sell hatching eggs on eBay and has not removed it when I requested.

Can we either move my picture so the link fails, can we watermark the pictures with the ABC logo or can I resend the picture with my own watermark?

I don\'t mind if people use my photo for educational purposes, but to use it to sell on eBay kind of ticks me off.

Thanks,

Jean
Jean

bryngyld

• ABC Members
  • Associate
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bryngyld.com
Photos
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2008, 01:01:23 PM »
Whenever I post a photo (or a photo of me and mine) on the internet I remind myself that it is a public domain and I can no longer control what happens to it.  In a sense I have exploded my seed pod and the wind will take it wherever... or my child is weaned and out on it\'s own.

I am tickled when I see someone has valued my photo enough to use it.  I once had a photo of my head in a lake hanging on to the reins of my mare who was swimming like a wild dog on the cover of an endurance magazine.  When I showed it to people and said, \"That\'s ME!\"  NO one believed me... but I knew.  ^_^

It is pleasant to be asked before someone uses a photo but I view the request as flattery - not necessary but very nice, anyway.  
Lyne Peterson
Northern California

bantamhill

Photos
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2008, 08:51:33 AM »
It will be a few days, but I will see what I can do.

Michael

QUADCH

Photos
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2008, 09:41:17 AM »
Some people are using egg pictures that are not their own too. Its pretty misleading and unfair, to the buyers and to the person that worked so hard to produce those pretty blue eggs.

Jean

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pipsandpeeps.com
Photos
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2008, 09:29:05 PM »
Another question,

I am using the ABC logo on my website because I am a member.  Is this ok?  Do I need permission from the club?

I don\'t want to do the same thing I am getting mad at people for.....

Thanks,

Jean
Jean

Mike Gilbert

Photos
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2008, 09:58:59 PM »
Jean, I think it is good that you are willing to promote the club by using the logo.    I would hope that only members would use it.   But the club officers are the ones who should make these types of decisions.

John

Photos
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2008, 01:06:41 PM »
using the ABC logo

It is common practice for members of an organization to use the club\'s logo.  I used to have it on some business cards.  I don\'t think we have anything in the constitution or by-laws about it and assume only members would have implied permission.  We do note on the website and forum that the club name and logo are trade marks of the club and \"all rights reserved\".