Author Topic: 2009 National Meet  (Read 11646 times)

Mike Gilbert

2009 National Meet
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2009, 05:56:12 PM »
I would love to see a National somewhere in Massachusetts in late summer - seeing as how I am a lifelong Red Sox fan, and have never attended a game at Fenway Park.   But the truth is, we need to place nationals where they have the greatest chance of being attended by the maximum number of members.    Paul and Angela from Texas have attended nationals from Montana to Virginia, but they are the exception.
The Ohio \"National\" as the show calls itself, draws entries from all over the U.S. simply because of the outstanding job they do of putting on a show, combined with a somewhat accessible location.    One way to gain favor in obtaining a national meet is to host a very successful District meet, and then take your case to the District Director.   I hope it happens for you one of these years.   Good luck.

John

2009 National Meet
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2009, 07:30:37 PM »
Mike & Mary Gilbert and Kathy and I have hotel reservations at the Country Inn and Suites Columbus North, for 11/13th and 14th.  Here is a link to the hotel\'s site if you are interested.
http://www.countryinns.com/hotels/ohcolnor

bantamhill

2009 National Meet
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2009, 09:57:13 AM »
Update 6-6-09

The 2009 Ameraucana Breeders Club National Meet in Columbus, OH will be upon us in just a matter of months. Harold Knapp, the Northeast Director, has been working with several members in the Ohio area and is well on his way to planning a great national for all of us to attend.

After consulting with several members in his region, Harold has decided to try a silent auction of Ameraucana to raise money for the 2010 awards. Harold is soliciting donations of quality pairs or trios of both large fowl and bantam Ameraucana for a silent auction on Saturday morning and afternoon. The results of the auction will be announced before the club meeting so that all members may attend the meeting. Hopefully the silent auction will go well and will start a tradition. If you are willing to take a turn at staffing the club table, please contact Harold.

The Ohio National has a good website where one can find information about restaurants, lodging, the show rules, and directions to the show location. Several club members have made reservations at Country Inn and Suites Columbus North. It is not too early to begin making lodging arrangements.

For awards, the club has $100 from the Ohio National, along with a donation from Harold Knapp and Michael Muenks to start with for the Open Show. Jeff and Patty Pickard have donated money for Junior Show awards. We will be sending bids out to a couple of people who make painted plates and mugs in hope of getting the very best price possible. If you would like to donate money or items as awards, please contact Michael Muenks. If you would like to donate toward a special variety please let Michael know. Checks may be made to the Ameraucana Breeders Club or may be sent to the PayPal address.

The following awards will be given at the 2009 National Meet Open Show:

Champion Ameraucana                                       ABC Rosette

Reserve Champion Ameraucana                       ABC Rosette

Best Display, LF or Bantam                                 Certificate and $5.00

Best Trio, LF or Bantam                                       Certificate and $5.00

Best of Breed Bantam                                           ABC Rosette and $5.00

Reserve of Breed Bantam                                    ABC Rosette and $5.00

Best of Breed Large Fowl                                     ABC Rosette and $5.00

Reserve of Breed Large Fowl                              ABC Rosette and $5.00

Best of Variety Bantam                                          Hand Painted Plate

Black, Blue, Blue Wheaten, Brown Red, Buff, Silver, Wheaten, White

Reserve of Variety Bantam                                    Hand Painted Mug or Small Hand Painted Plate

Best of Variety Large Fowl                                     Hand Painted Plate

Reserve of Variety Large Fowl                              Hand Painted Mug or Small Hand Painted Plate

BV AOV bantam - ABC t-shirt

RV AOV bantam - ABC t-shirt

BV AOV large fowl - ABC t-shirt

RV AOV large fowl - ABC t-shirt

Best LF Black                                                           The Arne Schmidt Memorial Traveling Plaque

Best Bantam Hen Eggs                                          Certificate, ABC t-shirt and $5.00

Best Bantam Pullet Eggs                                       Certificate, ABC t-shirt and $5.00

Best Large Fowl Hen Eggs                                    Certificate, ABC t-shirt and $5.00

Best Large Fowl Pullet Eggs                                 Certificate,ABC t-shirt  and $5.00

Other awards pending

Only Ameraucana Breeders Club Members are eligible for awards from the ABC & its members.

The following awards will be given at the 2009 National Meet Junior Show:

Best of Breed Bantam                                            Medallion

Reserve of Breed Bantam                                     Medallion

Best of Breed Large Fowl                                      Medallion

Reserve of Breed Large Fowl                               Medallion

Best of Variety Bantam                                           $7.00

Black, Blue, Blue Wheaten, Brown Red, Buff, Silver, Wheaten, White, AOV

Best of Variety Large Fowl                                     $7.00

Black, Blue, Blue Wheaten, Brown Red, Buff, Silver, Wheaten, White, AOV

faith valley

2009 National Meet
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2009, 01:22:26 PM »
Michael,

I need to make a slight correction to the Junior awards.  The Reserve of Breed bantam and Reserve of Breed large fowl will also be getting medallions.  We have ordered 4 medallions for the BB & RB of both the junior bantam and junior large fowl.

~Patty

John

2009 National Meet
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2009, 02:00:46 PM »
Michael,

I edited your post of awards to include the medallions, Patty mentioned and the ABC t-shirts.  We can continue to update the original post with any changes, if that is alright with you.

faith valley

2009 National Meet
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2009, 04:08:46 PM »
Can we also  make the updates on the 2009 national meet page of the ABC website? Many members may look at that page and may not look through the forum.

Patty

bantamhill

2009 National Meet
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2009, 09:08:07 AM »
Patty,

I will update the link on the site. I will drop the rosette in favor of the medallions.

John,

Not a problem!

Jean

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pipsandpeeps.com
2009 National Meet
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2009, 01:07:04 AM »
Whoopee!!

I get to come to the Nationals!  I am making reservations now.  I probably will not be able to bring anything as I am flying down, but will look into shipping some birds.  My aunt lives in Newark, OH.

I will most definately bring eggs.

Anyway, I am looking for anyone that may be coming to the show that would like to share a room so I can keep costs down.
Jean

Jean

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pipsandpeeps.com
2009 National Meet
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2009, 04:20:21 PM »
My flight is booked.

I may bring a pair of birds for the show, but I will have to ship them in.  I will definately bring some eggs for the egg contest.

I will be staying at my aunt\'s.
Jean

Mike Gilbert

2009 National Meet
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2009, 06:37:55 PM »
That\'s wonderful Jean.   We midwesterners will all look forward to meeting you in person.  Have a safe flight.

grisaboy

2009 National Meet
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2009, 11:43:38 AM »

I\'m bumping this up.
The Columbus show is rapidly approaching.
Should be getting your catalog soon.
Someone was asking me what Hotel people are staying at.

Curtis

Mike Gilbert

2009 National Meet
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2009, 04:02:19 PM »
Curtis,
I received my catalog in the mail today, and the entry deadline is October 21st.  Entry fee is $3.50 per bird, plus a $5 per exhibitor clean up fee.    I already have my entry made out and its ready to mail.   Several of us are staying at the Country Inn and Suites which is a couple miles north of the fairgrounds.

John

2009 National Meet
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2009, 07:36:28 PM »
I received my catalog in the mail today,

Me too.