Author Topic: Pale Blue Wheaten or Splash Wheaten Pullet?  (Read 3359 times)

Suz

Pale Blue Wheaten or Splash Wheaten Pullet?
« on: July 26, 2005, 12:42:19 AM »
I have been unable to find a picture of a splash wheaten female.  Is this a pale blue wheaten or splash wheaten pullet?  On my wheaten females lacking black in the tail and primaries, the feathers seem to be wheaten in place of black, whereas this female seems to have white where the blue/black would be.

(Ignore the attached file notes below)

« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2005, 12:59:49 AM »
that is a blue wheatn splash... Chris

Suz

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2005, 11:55:39 AM »
OK, thanks.  It surprised me to have gotten splash wheaten, in fact I\'ve got two!  I was thinking about letting them free range because I thought they were really pale blues, but then got to thinking they MIGHT be splash.  She was a little sleepy--I got her off her roost after dark to take the picture, but I think she\'s pretty good as far as type and color.  She\'s 4 months old and just has one more primary feather to get replaced.  I\'ll have to take a good pose of her when she\'s more awake and put it in my album on the ABC Shareing Place.  

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2005, 12:29:44 PM »
blue wheaten to blue wheaten throws 50% blue wheaten 25% wheaten 25% splash. in theory. but if you breed them and keep track over time it is pretty close. it always seems like the splases have the best type... Chris

bantamhill

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2009, 09:44:14 PM »
bump!