Author Topic: BLUE BONNET CLASSIC SHOW IN COLLEGE STATION, TX  (Read 3648 times)

BLUE BONNET CLASSIC SHOW IN COLLEGE STATION, TX
« on: January 05, 2009, 10:24:18 AM »
Hi all,

We just attended our 1st apa/aba judged show!  It was held on Saturday, Jan 3rd in College Station, TX.

All in all it was anice show.  The show was held at the Louis Pearce pavilion on the campus of Texas A&M.  Well organized, show committee did a great job of setting up show area and there was even a sale area!  The club also had a silent auction and two different raffles: the 1st raffle had over 100 items in it and the tickets were only 3 for $1.00...   the 2nd raffle was a 50/50 cash raffle.. money collected was divided between the one ticket drawn and the club.. The winner,  (not me..  ) won $160.00!!!  WOW..

We showed our bantam and large fowl Araucana; and 5 of our Ameraucanas.  Our new blue cockerel, Trooper(6 mos old) took BOB and BOV. Trooper comes from Willow Creek Heritage Farms.   Our white hen, Chastity, took BOB and BOV.  Our white Cockerel, from Jean Ribbecks lines,  took ROB.  Our white pullet, Moon,  took 1st and our blue pullet was disqualified because judge found a pure white feather under her wing!  oops.. i never saw that feather before!!!  

There were over 600 birds entered and it was quite a nice show.  Actually, there were only 30 separate exhibitors..

Pictures will be up on our website later today:  www.freewebs.com/tinkersagain2

Barb & Paul Ambuhl
Star Studio Ranch

« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2009, 10:29:40 AM »
oops.. i goofed... in show results.. our blue cockerel took Best of Variety,  not best of breed.  Best of Breed and Best of Variety(white) went to our white hen, chastity.  Chastity is from Paul smiths lines.

John

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2009, 07:32:00 PM »
Barb & Paul,
Congratulations on your birds and wins.  I\'m sure it was a good experience to show at a real poultry show...APA/ABA sanctioned.
FYI, BB = \"Best of Breed\" and BV = \"Best of Variety\".
BOB means \"Best Opposite Sex of Breed\" and BOV is \"Best Opposite Sex of Variety\".  They aren\'t used today that I know of.  

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2009, 08:00:10 PM »
thanks john,

grin.. now we know!  

Jean

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pipsandpeeps.com
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2009, 08:24:15 PM »
Thanks for giving me credit, but the white birds you got from me are Jerry\'s lines and we should give him the credit.  I have not done much with them in only one year.

Congratulations!  :D

Jean
Jean

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2009, 05:27:39 AM »
Oh, you\'re in Marion??  I\'m near you, in Elmendorf.  Do you sell eggs, chicks, or pullets?  Do you know Doug Christianson in Spring Branch?