Ameraucana Breeder's Club Ameraucana Breeders Club FaceBook Page Ameraucana Breeders Club

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
News and Information / Re: Tennessee Dept of Ag confirms case of AI
« Last post by Don on Today at 08:22:05 AM »
The one AI event in Pickens County is about three hours from the cluster of other events along the TN and AL border, along the Miss border.  I hope that soon enough with the weather warming it will become a mute point.  Then we will see how the respective states respond this summer.   
« Last post by Ravynscroft on Today at 02:40:46 AM »
And 2 more cases of LPAI in Alabama again... 1 in a commercial operation and 1 in a backyard flock... :(

http://www.agi.alabama.gov/s/avian-influenza/additional-poultry-flocks-test-positive-for-low-pathogenic-avian-influenza
News and Information / Re: 2017 Ameraucana Breeders Club Handbook
« Last post by Susan Mouw on March 19, 2017, 10:18:35 PM »
The first version of the 2017 ABC Handbook has gone to the Board for review, minus ads, title page, and table of contents.  I will be working on those while the rest of the Board is reviewing the articles, as they are laid out now.

I'm hoping we can get this to the printers this week!

If you have placed an ad and not yet paid for it, I will be sending out invoices via Paypal this week.  If you would prefer a QuickBooks invoice via email, let me know.

Thank you, everyone, that has made this Handbook a possibility.  We're almost to the finish line.
Exhibiting & Promoting / Inaugural North Texas Poultry Show
« Last post by Paul on March 18, 2017, 09:08:42 AM »
  The entry deadline is March 22 for the new "Inaugural North Texas Poultry Showcase" show to be held at the Texas State Fairgrounds on Saturday April 8, 2017.
News and Information / Re: 2017 Ameraucana Breeders Club Handbook
« Last post by Susan Mouw on March 18, 2017, 08:41:22 AM »
Here is the list of articles that will be included in the new Handbook.  If anyone has any suggestions, ideas, for something else, please let me know quickly.  I'm putting the final version together this weekend to submit to the Board for approval, then it will be going to the printers.

• History Highlights of the ABC
  • ABC Forum - A Hidden Treasure
  • Clif Redden profile
  • Breeding Blues and Blue Wheatens by Paul Smith - includes a full page diagram of breeding blue/black/splash and wheaten/blue wheaten/splash wheaten
  • Paul Smith profile
  • The Art of Cage Training by Patti Pickard
  • Don Cash profile
  • Grooming Tips and Show Prep by Jean Ribbeck
  • Jean Ribbeck profile
  • The Standard
  • Self-Blue by Paul Smith  - includes a full page diagram of breeding self blue
  • Proposed Self-Blue Standard
  • Splash Wheaten by Sarah Meaders
  • Gordon Gilliam profile
  • Master Exhibitors - list of current Master Exhibitors
  • Larry Clionsky profile
  • Ameraucana vs EE by Susan Mouw
  • Susan Mouw profile
  • Constitution/By laws
  • List of Past Board members
  • Current District Map
  • National Meets rotation
  • Past/upcoming National meets locations
  • ABC Membership - benefits, how to join, etc.
« Last post by Ravynscroft on March 17, 2017, 10:55:23 PM »
Any new reports that anyone has seen today?

Just saw this posted on our local Mid TN thread... I haven't looked it up to verify yet, but...

A case of low pathogen H7/N9 AI was confirmed at 5:45 tonight at a Commercial farm in Christian Co. KY. They have placed a movement ban on KY poultry beginning Monday morning until further notice.

Edited to add: This was passed on from a KY state Ag official, it has not been released to the public yet...

Very welcome, Don...
« Last post by Don on March 17, 2017, 08:52:49 PM »
Any new reports that anyone has seen today?

(Thanks Jen.  That's one of the rumors that I've heard, that they are planning to ban swaps on Monday.
I hear rumors of KY and WI can't find official confirmation yet.)
News and Information / Re: APA and ABA Yearbook ads
« Last post by Susan Mouw on March 17, 2017, 07:26:49 PM »
Thanks to the capable leadership of Lindsay Helton, we now have one full color page committed for the 2017 APA yearbook!

C'mon folks - let's get these ads in. :)
Housing, Health & Hatching / Re: Feeding to get ready for show
« Last post by Kelly Gore on March 16, 2017, 11:21:36 PM »
Thank you both for your replies! Hoping I get it right the first time!
« Last post by Susan Mouw on March 16, 2017, 10:18:56 PM »
I contacted our SC State NPIP Coordinator and asked if we could still sell to GA buyers.  As long as you are NPIP/AI clean, you can.

That's for SC - I don't know about NC.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10