Ameraucana Breeder's Club Ameraucana Breeders Club FaceBook Page Ameraucana Breeders Club

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Exhibiting & Promoting / Re: Self Blue Prequalifying Meet
« Last post by Don on November 16, 2017, 10:44:01 AM »
Good Luck to all those making the trip for the Pre-qualifying Self Blue meet.  I hope everyone travels to and fro safely.  I am sure it will be a Great meet and move the variety along to the next level.  Good Luck at the show! 
Exhibiting & Promoting / Self Blue Prequalifying Meet
« Last post by Lindsay Helton on November 14, 2017, 09:04:52 PM »
The deadline for the Dixie Classic is quickly approaching. We are wanting to get a final number on what everyone is bringing. If you are able to bring self blues, will you please comment on this post with what you are bringing or email me at 22wareagle22@gmail.com? We are wanting to ensure that we have enough cockerels and cockbirds for the show. Thanks!
Exhibiting & Promoting / Re: Forsyth Fowl Fanciers show 11/25
« Last post by Don on November 13, 2017, 01:13:10 PM »
The catalogs were mailed out about three weeks ago, but they have gotten multiple complaints about people not receiving them.  I think sometimes the folded mailings get mangled by the USPS machinery.  I have an electronic copy I can email if you want to see the full catalog.  Basic info is listed below.

Forsyth Fowl Fanciers fall show Sat. Nov 25, Dixie Classic Fairgrounds Winston-Salem NC
    Judges: Terry Britt, Tom Roebuck, Ivan Zimmerman
Entry Fee is $3.00 per bird , plus $1 clean up fee per exhibitor (all to be paid before judging).
We accept standard chickens, bantam chickens and bantam ducks. We will no longer accept large ducks.Closing Date is Sunday, November  19th   You can enter in one of three ways, mail to: Mark East, 5625 James East Drive, Kernersville, NC 27284E-mail to: statefanlO@yahoo.com  or call in to: 336-341-9281 between 6pm and 9pm only please
Exhibiting & Promoting / Re: 2017 Ohio National, Columbus OH, 11/11/17
« Last post by Birdcrazy on November 13, 2017, 12:53:45 PM »
Congratulations to all the winners at the Ohio National Show. Thanks to all that exhibited birds but did not win BV or RV . Your efforts helped show the rising numbers and quality of the Ameraucana Breed. The ABC
has some great members, not to mention their birds!
Exhibiting & Promoting / Re: Scales for poultry weights
« Last post by Ernie Haire on November 13, 2017, 11:10:16 AM »
Just noticed this post. Couldn't help but laugh at the thought of weighing birds at shows. I once had a judge tell me that they couldn't carry scales up and down the isle, but it you had to grunt to pick up a "supposed to be cockerel", he was too big.

Just saying.....
Exhibiting & Promoting / 2017 Ohio National, Columbus OH, 11/11/17
« Last post by Susan Mouw on November 13, 2017, 08:35:41 AM »
Ameraucanas, and the ABC, were well represented at this weekend's Ohio National, in Columbus, OH!  The depth of quality was simply amazing in both LF and bantams, in both Open and JR shows.

I don't have the full reports from Bantams (thank you, Temple Da Silva!) and from Jrs (thank you, Hannah Brush!), but here is a quick summary of what I know:

34 LF Ameraucana in Open, with Black, Blue, Buff, Blue Wheaten, White, and Wheatens all represented.  BB was a black pullet by Susan Mouw, and RB was a blue hen by Karen Sanders Warner.

24 Bantam Ameraucana in Open. I know there were black and white, but I don't have my notes in front of me for the full variety listing.  BB, and CH AOCCL was a white cockerel by Jerry DeSmidt, and RB was a black cockerel by Temple DaSilva!

I believe Hannah Brush got BB in Jrs, but I don't have that full report yet.

Great job, everyone!  Congratulations.

More to come when I have all my notes out of the car (car isn't unloaded yet, except for birds).
Exhibiting & Promoting / Re: 2017 NATIONAL SHOW IS HISTORY
« Last post by Don on November 10, 2017, 08:30:37 AM »
Congrats to all of the winners.  I am sure it was a great show even though the weather was a bit sketchy.  Thanks to Gordon for all of the hard work he and his daughter put into the planning and organization for this to happen.   And Thanks also to all those who took pictures to let people who could not travel for the event to be able to see some of the festivities.   
Exhibiting & Promoting / Re: Forsyth Fowl Fanciers show 11/25
« Last post by Don on November 10, 2017, 08:27:04 AM »
I have emailed Mark asking if they have an electronic copy that can be posted here.  I will let you know when I find more.   Thanks!     drc
Exhibiting & Promoting / Re: Pelican State Poultry Show in Haynesville, LA.
« Last post by Don on November 10, 2017, 08:24:56 AM »
Thanks Ernie.   I think it's corrected now.  That's the same date as Knoxville too.  Let Temple know if you have any other info or links for this show.
Congratulations to all of the winners.  Sounds like the quality of entries was apparent to all and the breed was well represented.  I am sorry that I missed it for sure.  I know that the new club put forth a great bit of work to make it happen and go smoothly too.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10