Ameraucana Breeder's Club Ameraucana Breeders Club FaceBook Page Ameraucana Breeders Club

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
News and Information / Re: A special thank you to everyone!
« Last post by Paul on April 20, 2018, 02:28:57 PM »
Lindsay,

A special thanks for all that you have done for the ABC!  You have been a big help to take part of the load off the secretary, Susan, by stepping up to publish the ABC newsletter.  As the ABC grew more jobs had to be distributed to others.  You have done a great job and it has been and is greatly appreciated.

Your help with the self blue recognition process is also greatly appreciated.  Glad we had the opportunity to meet you at the Knoxville, TN second pre-qualifying meet!

Congratulations on your new little one coming in October!  Praying for you and your family.  Will be looking forward to showing with you in 2019!

Paul & Angela
Thanks for the great report.
This is one show that the people just make you feel welcome and you are at home.
Glade to get to hangout with Maggie and Don for the day. 
Winston would work great for us but Knoxville would also be good.
Just saying
« Last post by Don on April 19, 2018, 02:37:27 PM »
Lindsay, It sounds like you all have had a time of it with illness.  I knew that your Dad was working thru rehab, but it sounds like he has had another issue? I hope he is rebounding this time too. I am sure it's easy to feel overwhelmed.    Definitely Congratulations on the new addition.  Soon you'll have enough farm hands to work the Farmstead quite nicely.  Good Luck and we hope that you can get back on a smoother road.  I am sure you will be looking forward to that sooner. 
« Last post by Kelly Gore on April 19, 2018, 08:43:25 AM »
Lindsey,

Congratulations on your new addition! I am sorry to hear about your health issues and that of your dad. Praying for all to recover.

Kelly
News and Information / A special thank you to everyone!
« Last post by Lindsay Helton on April 18, 2018, 10:19:57 PM »
I wanted to take a moment to thank everyone for the kindness and support that has been shown to me over the last several years. Following this season, I will be cutting back considerably. I will continue to maintain a small flock of a few varieties for personal enjoyment, but will no longer be as active during chick season. I felt the need to make a general post because I have had a number of folks reach out to me regarding the 2019 chick season. I have been diagnosed with hyperemesis gravidarum during my current pregnancy, as well as ongoing thyroid issues, and am also helping provide care for my father who experienced a second stroke. I would like to take time to focus on God, family, and my health. I am sure our 7 year old twins, our 3 year old, and our new addition in early October will keep me on my toes. :)

I have experienced some egg laying and hatching issues recently. We started the season off strong initially and had an abundance of eggs and chicks and then things slacked off a bit. Unfortunately the weather hasn’t helped much, as we have had temps below freezing several weeks in March, which is unseasonably cool for here, and then temperature fluxes from the 70s one week back to below freezing the next week. We had snow falling in April which is rare! I think we are going to go straight from winter to summer this year. LOL

I will continue to work my way through our order list and will fill the remaining orders on our books this year before hanging up my hat. I will remain an active observer and participant on the Ameraucana forums and groups, and will continue to be an advocate for this wonderful breed. I do not plan to show during the 2018 year since we are due in early October, but hopefully I’ll hop back in the show ring in 2019.

As nominations take place this summer, please accept new entries for the newsletter editor position.
Ameraucana Marketplace / Re: Searching for Large Fowl Brown Reds
« Last post by Andrew Johnson on April 13, 2018, 09:30:19 AM »
Thanks, Don! Clif and I have spoken over the last few days. He has given me a great start in the right direction. I am still within my searches. I will go ahead and send you an email.
Ameraucana Marketplace / Re: Searching for Large Fowl Brown Reds
« Last post by Don on April 13, 2018, 07:25:16 AM »
Andrew, the Brown Red are probably the most rare of the 8 accepted varieties both in bantam and large fowl.  Touch base with Clif.  If he doesn't have anything, maybe he can think of someone that he has sent birds.  Drop me an email if you still don't find any.  We can ask some questions of a few folks that don't frequent the forum.  Good luck!
Ameraucana Marketplace / Searching for Large Fowl Brown Reds
« Last post by Andrew Johnson on April 12, 2018, 08:37:52 AM »
My recent searches have come to me asking here in the marketplace for BR chicks or started birds. I will be asking on the Facebook marketplace as well. I'd rather not chance the P.O. handling of hatching eggs if at all possible.
News and Information / Re: The next Secty/Treasurer of the ABC will be .....
« Last post by Paul on April 11, 2018, 05:22:46 PM »
  There are not enough words to express my appreciation to you Susan, for what you have done for the ABC!  It has been great working with you the past years to help advance the Ameraucana breed and the ABC.  You will be leaving some difficult shoes behind, to be filled.  I fully understand needing a rest from the job.  A special thank you for all that you have done, and do in the future for the ABC!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10