Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Breeding / Re: Genetics of breeding dominant white
« Last post by Lindsay Helton on May 09, 2024, 11:35:43 PM »
Yep!

I bet the whites you had were recessive white. You would need dominant white birds.

You can always get into Dalmatians later!
You’re welcome. I kept having to refer people to a blue, black and splash chart and have them replace the verbiage with wheaten, blue wheaten and splash wheaten. Figured this would be more helpful.
Exhibiting & Promoting / Re: Exhibitor points updated
« Last post by Lindsay Helton on May 09, 2024, 10:58:27 PM »
Also, in 2024 we will begin keeping up with yearly totals again for those that care. We have always kept up with total points but when I trained on the secretarial processes yearly totals were not brought to my attention. Total points are correct.
This is very helpful and much easier to understand with the pictures and numbers.
Thanks for making this.
« Last post by kkdossey on May 09, 2024, 10:43:58 PM »
So your saying all you need to make the dalmatian is a pure black and a dominant white?  And I got rid of my whites because I had no females.  And I could have been making dalmatians?  This post came about a year too late for me.
Exhibiting & Promoting / Exhibitor points updated
« Last post by Lindsay Helton on May 09, 2024, 05:01:06 PM »
« Last post by Lindsay Helton on May 09, 2024, 01:21:38 PM »
Here is the breeding chart!
A few interesting facts about Wheaten, Blue Wheaten and Splash Wheaten Ameraucana:

✔️ Wheaten, Blue Wheaten and Splash Wheaten Ameraucana are built on eWh.

✔️ Wheaten, Blue Wheaten and Splash Wheaten Ameraucana all look the same at hatch. Their color variety becomes apparent at a few weeks of age as they feather in.

✔️ Wheaten, Blue Wheaten and Splash Wheaten Ameraucana hatch with flesh colored shanks and toes that turn slate as they mature.

✔️ Wheaten, Blue Wheaten and Splash Wheaten Ameraucana females reflect their color variety in their wings and tails.

✔️ The Blue(Bl) gene creates the difference in the plumage colors of the three color varieties. Wheaten Ameraucana contain 0 copies of the Blue gene, Blue Wheaten Ameraucana contain 1 copy of the Blue gene and Splash Wheaten Ameraucana contain 2 copies of the Blue gene.

✔️ The Wheaten and Blue Wheaten Ameraucana color varieties have been admitted to the Standard but the Splash Wheaten color variety has not been accepted
Past Meets / 3-16-2024 Cascade Spring Show Monroe, WA
« Last post by Lindsay Helton on May 09, 2024, 02:03:08 AM »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10