Author Topic: Just Some Recent Pics.  (Read 3670 times)

Birch Run Farm

Just Some Recent Pics.
« on: June 14, 2010, 10:24:27 AM »
It\'s been rainy and muddy, very unsummer-like in VT but I went around with the camera and took some pics.

Chicks from member \'Sterling\', these are wheaten and BW but not sure what color to call some.  I assume there is a splash?  Hard to get them to sit still long enough for a good set of photos.  One certainly looks like a wheaten cockerel.

Anyone tell me what the blueish/orange is supposed to be?  There are two like that.

My blue wheaten pullet about to become a hen.

Obviously not a purebred, this hen is a blue ameraucana X black copper Marans.  She lays dark olive eggs.  I really like her body shape.

BW and crooked beak blue hen I keep for a broody.  She lays cream colored eggs (not from my stock).

Schroeder

Just Some Recent Pics.
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2010, 03:40:32 PM »
Thanks Ann for postings pics.  Some day I will have a flock of wheatens.

verycherry

Just Some Recent Pics.
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2010, 02:22:18 PM »
Beautiful photos!  I really like your olive egger too.  I like both her shape and color.  I\'m crossing my Lav Ameraucana with my Cuckoo Marans for the same reason.  I can\'t wait til they start laying.  I hope to get some with Lavender Cuckoo coloration within a few generations.

Just Some Recent Pics.
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2010, 09:33:22 AM »

Looks like you have a blue wheaten cockerel & a Wheaten cockerel, and 3 blue wheaten pullets.

Sue
Quote from: Birch Run Farm
It\'s been rainy and muddy, very unsummer-like in VT but I went around with the camera and took some pics.

Chicks from member \'Sterling\', these are wheaten and BW but not sure what color to call some.  I assume there is a splash?  Hard to get them to sit still long enough for a good set of photos.  One certainly looks like a wheaten cockerel.

Anyone tell me what the blueish/orange is supposed to be?  There are two like that.

My blue wheaten pullet about to become a hen.

Obviously not a purebred, this hen is a blue ameraucana X black copper Marans.  She lays dark olive eggs.  I really like her body shape.

BW and crooked beak blue hen I keep for a broody.  She lays cream colored eggs (not from my stock).