Author Topic: Come see my new personal website!  (Read 3611 times)

Come see my new personal website!
« on: December 06, 2005, 09:48:37 PM »
Its a work in progress so check back often.  :)
Oh its a freebie too for those of you who would like to create your own website.  Not too difficult to do either with relatively easy website builder options.

http://www.freewebs.com/cottage_rose_birdsnblossoms/index.htm

bantamhill

« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2005, 10:18:15 PM »
Vicky,

Nice site . . . so what is the catch to the free site?

Michael

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2005, 12:16:12 PM »
Thanks Michael!   :D
No catch at all.  
There are alot a free website hosts out there.
Most make their money by their sponsors ads but what I like about this one is there isn\'t any pop ups, header or side bar ads like so many have.  You are limited to bandwidth and storage space and so on and of course they would like you to pay for \"premium\" services to get more space and options but for me the freebie level website is all I need.  You can have up to 20 pages!  I think thats really generous and its relatively user friendly if you have some intermediate computer skills.  It has the easiest website builder options I\'ve tried.  I\'ve tried other free websites but gave up because I couldn\'t figure out how to do it.
The only thing I don\'t like is it takes a looong time to upload photos on to their site and my puter seems to freeze up when uploading pics and why my albums are slow in coming.  
I will be working on my Ameraucana album next.

Check back regularly for seasonal updates & photos folks.  :D

bantamhill

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2005, 09:10:04 PM »
Vicky,

Thanks for the information . . . I may have to give it a try. The last two I have done were unsatisfactory and I never gave out the address for them.

Michael

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2005, 03:25:08 PM »
Michael I stand corrected.  They do have header ads after one week if you don\'t sign up for the premium service.
But never the less, I like it so far.