Author Topic: Newletter deadline  (Read 4120 times)

Newletter deadline
« on: January 13, 2011, 11:38:49 AM »
I did not receive a newsletter last time with renewal form. When is the deadline for articles?

John

Newletter deadline
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2011, 04:47:54 PM »
The schedule that we\'ve tried to follow for many years is to have Bulletins out by the first of March (spring), June (summer), September (fall) & December (winter).
The deadline for articles and officer\'s reports is the 15th of the month prior to the mailing dates.
With the changes in Michael\'s employment the Bulletins are getting out late, but I still try to stick with the deadline dates.  

Mike Gilbert

Newletter deadline
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2011, 05:50:48 PM »
Has anyone received the December newsletter?

Blue Egg Acres

Newletter deadline
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2011, 12:47:01 PM »
not yet

Beth C

Newletter deadline
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2011, 01:30:15 PM »
Me either.

John

Newletter deadline
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2011, 03:15:44 PM »
I got mine the the mail this afternoon.

Newletter deadline
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2011, 11:58:07 AM »
Thanks. So we email articles to you by Feb 15? I\'d like to show everyone the marvelous progress we\'ve made with the Black Mottles.

John

Newletter deadline
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2011, 02:55:00 PM »
So we email articles to you by Feb 15?

To Michael by Feb 15th.

jwoodhaven

• ABC Lifetime Award
  • Associate
    • View Profile
    • http://www.woodhavenpoultry.com
Newletter deadline
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2011, 12:01:17 PM »
We recieved our newsletter on Sat.  Once again,Michael, you did an outstanding job.. Jake and Jerry

Mike Gilbert

Newletter deadline
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2011, 03:46:54 PM »
Received mine today (Tuesday).   Great job Michael.  When you are ready to re-establish your flock, you have another member right there at Elgin, IL, who has some very fine Ameraucanas.

Beth C

Newletter deadline
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2011, 05:10:23 PM »
Got mine today, too, and just sat down with a cup of coffee and read it.

Michael, I particularly enjoyed your \"Under the Black Locust\" - thanks so much for the info about protein. You described my hatching problems last year to a \"t!\" I was losing huge numbers of embryos in the last week of incubation. No apparent reason, they just seemed to quit - burn out, as you put it. This was so disheartening, especially given the great hatches I\'d had the year before. I calibrated thermometers, scrubbed & disinfected incubators, candled/marked/weighed eggs throughout incubation (humidity was all I could come up with), just couldn\'t figure out what I was doing differently, but the previous year I was hatching from free-ranging EEs. My Ameraucanas were penned so, even though they received the same feed, they didn\'t have access to a lot of the things the previous year\'s birds did. I\'ve bumped up my protein this year, and I\'m praying that\'s what the problem was!

I hope the homesick eases a bit in the coming months, and 2011 brings lots of good things for you!