Author Topic: Crossroads?  (Read 3498 times)

Crossroads?
« on: February 26, 2011, 06:19:50 PM »
I\'m seriously considering going to the 2011 Crossroads show in Indiana.  I thought it was farther from me than it is, but now, I\'m concerned about the number of days that I would have to stay.

So, is it really worth it? LOL

I should add, I would love to meet more Ameraucana Breeders, there is a definite lack of them in Central, NY.

Sue

Mike Gilbert

Crossroads?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2011, 06:36:40 PM »
I\'m predicting this will be one of the biggest and best shows in our lifetimes.   We already have hotel reservations.

bantamhill

Crossroads?
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2011, 09:15:56 PM »
Sue:

I went the last time and was blown away. If you can make it work, I would go.

Michael

Korfus Kluckers

Crossroads?
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2011, 12:02:52 AM »
Jean and I are driving out from Washington. 3o+ hours.  :stare: I did not make the last one but heard it is one show that will amaze you.

Beth C

Crossroads?
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2011, 09:36:52 AM »
I\'d love to go but don\'t see it happening unless I find someone else who\'s going from this area - my old truck just isn\'t up to that trip.

John

Crossroads?
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2011, 12:10:48 PM »
is it really worth it?

It really depends on what you want and expect.  Like Ed Sullivan used to say it is a \"really big show\".  There will be more birds and exhibitors than at any other show and if you\'ve never been to a huge APA/ABA joint national show before you should experience it.  
There are also many 1,000 bird shows across the country each year that are just as nice...nice facilities, well organized with friendly people.  The main difference, from my perspective, is size.
Also, keep in mind there will be about the same number of winners at any show but with the number of entries at Indy there will be many more losers.  
We\'ll be there with a cell phone and camera.  B)

grisaboy

Crossroads?
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2011, 04:11:43 PM »
Quote from: John
Also, keep in mind there will be about the same number of winners at any show but with the number of entries at Indy there will be many more losers.    B)

At a big show like this even small wins can earn you APA or ABA points.  At the last show, I show Birchen Modern Game bantams and there were over 300 birds in the pullet class alone.  So even winning that pullet class would have been a \'starred\' win.  I was in the losers circle again, but it was fun watching the judge work through that large class.

Curtis

Crossroads?
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2011, 05:43:56 PM »
Quote from: grisaboy
Quote from: John
Also, keep in mind there will be about the same number of winners at any show but with the number of entries at Indy there will be many more losers.    B)

Why do I want to go?  

The biggest shows I\"ve been too were Belvidere, Ill. last year, and Newnan, last winter. I think they both had over 2000 birds.

I\'d like to see more Ameraucanas. There are hardly any in my area, Central, NY.

I would also show some of my black copper Marans which should be accepted by then. Maybe a blrw or 2.

Its about an 11 hour drive, according to mapquest, that is including an hour of stopping for things...on the way.

How many days is it? Does it start on a Friday and go through Sunday? I\'d have to arrive thursday afternoonish, & stay 3 nights. Leave sunday morning. Is that about right?

And of course, meet some of the people on this group!
Sue