Author Topic: Hatching egg prices?  (Read 7270 times)

Beth C

Hatching egg prices?
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2012, 09:12:41 AM »
Quote from: HarryS
Beth C,
    That is a fair price for hatching eggs.  I charge the same $35 for a dozen shipped with extras.  

I thought that was about what you charged me. Wayne sells his for around the same I think. When I bought my first eggs from him they were even less. I don\'t fault anyone for charging more - none of us are making any money - but I figure you guys hooked me up, I\'ll pay it forward. ;)

Unfortunately, I won\'t be selling any lavenders this year. I\'m only breeding splits, trying to work out some issues from last year. But I hope to have a limited number of w/bw/sw eggs later and maybe some buff.

So sorry to hear about the predator problems. I don\'t know why it is, but you\'re right, little buggers have good taste, don\'t they? They never take the ugly cockerel who\'s already got a ticket to the cannery...

Oh, and I forgot to mention, you did the best packing job I\'ve ever seen - thought I was going to have to call in the jaws of life to get them out of there, but it was the best hatch I had that year, including my own eggs!