Author Topic: americana chickens  (Read 7844 times)

americana chickens
« on: October 06, 2006, 05:45:42 PM »
I\'m looking to buy a dozen or so of americana/easter eggers chickens, fully or near fully grown. I live in michigan near flint, If you know or have some for sale let me know.

thank you
willie

jwoodhaven

• ABC Lifetime Award
  • Associate
    • View Profile
    • http://www.woodhavenpoultry.com
americana chickens
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2006, 08:19:30 PM »
I am sure that there will be all kinds for sale at the National Ameraucana meet in Frankenmuth the weekend of Oct. 13-14-15th. I plan on having both bantams and standard birds for sale.

Jerry

americana chickens
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2006, 09:13:30 AM »
thanks don\'t they tend to be show quality and cost more? I\'m going to go, but I\'m looking for barnyard pet quality.

jwoodhaven

• ABC Lifetime Award
  • Associate
    • View Profile
americana chickens
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2006, 02:23:39 PM »
I will have a few that I would not use for breeding, that might be what you are looking for. Do you want standard or bantam birds

Jerry

John

americana chickens
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2006, 04:51:44 PM »
Speaking of americana chickens, does anyone have a show catalog for the Columbus show?  If so bring it to Frankenmuth or let us know what they have listed for an Ameraucana meet.  A friend said they have it listed as a Special meet for an \"Americana\" club and the club Secretary\'s address was in TN.
Many people misspell Ameruanca, but there is no reason (short of a typo) for a show club to get it wrong.  Barbara was Secretary a few years back and lives in TN.  We place a NE District meet with the Columbus show club.  I would like to know for sure that they messed everything up before writing to them.  They lady that told me about it was going from memory and had already thrown away she catalog.
Help if you can.

americana chickens
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2006, 11:10:56 PM »
I\'m looking for standard what do you have?

jwoodhaven

• ABC Lifetime Award
  • Associate
    • View Profile
americana chickens
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2006, 06:08:14 AM »
Some White large fowl and black bantams

americana chickens
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2006, 03:51:51 PM »
how much for the white ones and how many do you have to sell? where are you located?

faith valley

americana chickens
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2006, 06:29:18 PM »
Ohio National catalog listing:

Americana Breeders Club awards a District meet. Dues are $10.00 per year. For more information contact Barbra Campbell, 390 Whitaker Hollow Rd, Lake City, Tenn. 37769

I copied it as it is listed in the catalog- I believe that Barbara\'s name is mispelled in addition to the club name.

~Patty~

John

americana chickens
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2006, 06:43:24 PM »
Thanks Patty.

I had problems with the Lucasville Show Catalog before and they seem to be back on track after an email I sent to David.

I\'ve been to the Ohio National show a couple times and thought they put on nice show.  I have heard that at least one of their club officers doesn\'t know the difference between an Araucana and an Ameraucana, but would think they would know how to spell.
We will have to send an email to them.  I don\'t think we should place meets with show clubs that are that are as unprofessional as they are.

Blue Egg Acres

americana chickens
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2006, 08:41:44 PM »
Quote from: faith valley
I believe that Barbara\'s name is mispelled

~Patty~

Yes, and the address is also wrong.