Author Topic: Eastern Iowa Poultry Assn. Special Meet  (Read 2062 times)

Mike Gilbert

Eastern Iowa Poultry Assn. Special Meet
« on: December 01, 2008, 07:39:41 PM »
I made the 207 mile trek to Iowa City last weekend to participate in  the Eastern Iowa Poultry Assn. show.     It was a national meet for the Wyandotte Club, and our A.B.C. had scheduled a special meet.    Lots and lots of Wyandottes were shown, more than 350 of them.   In the Ameraucana large fowl there were three exhibitors and nine birds, with Pam Hamilton coming away with top honors on a black hen that went on to place reserve AOSB, and RB on a nice black cockerel from Paul Smith breeding.   Another lady showed blacks, and John Bashaw showed the only parti-coloreds.   His brown red cockerel took BV and his pullet RV.   In the bantams, it was just Al Nichols and myself showing - a total of eight birds.    Al pretty much thumped me soundly, as she took BB on a white pullet and RB on a blue pullet.   She also showed one splash pullet, a white cockerel, a black cock, and a blue cock.     I showed a pair of blue wheatens, with the pullet taking BV and the cockerel RV.        Had a minor fender-bender on the way home, but otherwise it was a wonderful weekend.   I wish more of you could have been there.

bantamhill

Eastern Iowa Poultry Assn. Special Meet
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2008, 08:27:43 PM »
I really missed being there. I had a commitment that I could not get out of.

Michael