Author Topic: A.P.A. National Meet  (Read 2302 times)

Mike Gilbert

A.P.A. National Meet
« on: July 04, 2009, 12:16:57 PM »
The American Poultry Assn is holding its\' national meet at Belvidere, Illinois, in September.    Since it is just across the border from Wisconsin in northern Illinois I\'m considering attending and possibly showing a few birds.    I was wondering if we have any other ABC members who plan to attend?    It would be great to meet and maybe have dinner together.    This would be a great venue to expose those Lavenders to the APA brass since we may be close to applying for admission of that new variety.  

p.s.   Happy Independence Day to all!

bantamhill

A.P.A. National Meet
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2009, 10:56:07 AM »
I know they would love for us to place a meet with them!

John

A.P.A. National Meet
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2009, 05:47:43 PM »
in September

I\'ve been there when they\'ve hosted our National meet a couple times.  It\'s a nice show, but too early for many to have young birds ready to show.  I don\'t know if they still offer the little carved wooden trophies.  I only have two and they are the only ones I keep in the house, since they are so unique.  

Mike Gilbert

A.P.A. National Meet
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2009, 02:15:47 PM »
Yes, those hand-carved trophies are collectors items.   George Cairns is the fellow who carves them, and I see the Illini show is offering a few of those carved trophies for the A.P.A. national meet.   George must be still doing them, but he is getting up there in age.  

A.P.A. National Meet
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2009, 11:11:22 PM »
I will be there since it\'s only about an hour away. I second the early part, the only ameraucana i will show is a old wheaton cock bird that is still in good condition. Anyone else coming?