Author Topic: WTB LF Brown Red Pair or Trio  (Read 2748 times)

WTB LF Brown Red Pair or Trio
« on: October 06, 2009, 05:11:57 PM »
Well, my BR rooster has turned into a monster. I cant get him to calm down and he will not stop attacking me so I would like to replace him with a new roo and add a pullet or 2. If any one can help please let me know costs. I will need them shipped to Memphis TN.

Thanks, Adam

Mike Gilbert

« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2009, 06:05:59 PM »
I have a couple of males that are destined for the freezer if no one needs them.   They are not top quality, obviously, but if you need something to work with, one of these would be better than nothing.   They are definitely not mean, nor are they wild.  Good dispositions.   Sorry, all my extra pullets are already promised.   If you are interested, e-mail me at:
ameraucana@redstagacres.com .  

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2009, 01:05:24 PM »
Thanks for the offer Mr. Gilbert. He seems to be calming down so I have decided to give him a little more time. Would you please let me know if and when you have a couple of pullets for sale. I would love to add a few.

Thanks Adam

Mike Gilbert

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2009, 01:52:54 PM »
Adam,
A mean rooster seldom is cured of his behavior.   I still have two decent cockerels left, and they are very calm.  They are nice birds, except for the fact that the breast lacing is not what it should be.    I plan to use a similar bird in my own breeding pens next year.  I won\'t have any extra females until after the breeding season next spring.

John

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2009, 05:50:21 PM »
A mean rooster seldom is cured of his behavior.

There is only one sure cure that I know of and would recommend using it.  If you do decide to keep a mean cock, please don\'t let him sire any chicks.

bryngyld

• ABC Members
  • Associate
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bryngyld.com
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2009, 05:55:42 PM »
I would try one thing first...  

Sometimes chicks that are handled too much think that people of part of the flock.  The roosters are thinking they need to establish themselves above the human to get more chicks.  To establish the human higher in the pecking order, I pick up the roosters and hold them for just a bit.  If that stops the \"attacks\" they weren\'t really mean, just too tame.
Lyne Peterson
Northern California