Author Topic: Highland, IL show first weekend of November  (Read 3239 times)

bantamhill

Highland, IL show first weekend of November
« on: October 19, 2005, 08:23:44 PM »
Anyone plan to show Ameraucana\'s at Highland?

Michael

bantamhill

« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2005, 08:34:17 AM »
I have sent in my registration . . . hope to see others with Ameraucana\'s there! I am taking 22 birds . . . about half bantam and half large fowl. Today is the due date!

Michael

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2005, 07:59:37 PM »
I sent mine off to , but i\'m only sending OE as we will be in North Carolina  for the Old English Jamboree. A friend from IL. is hauling my birds to the show. Chris

bantamhill

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2005, 09:17:36 PM »
I had a great time at Highland, IL on Saturday. They have a great set up! I will hint that it would be a nice place for an Ameraucana meet. There was a gentleman from Missouri who is getting into Ameraucana bantams at the show and he plans to show Ameraucana\'s there next year. My large fowl white Ameraucana cock did go reserve AOC. None of my Ameraucan bantams broke through the Cornish who were having a meet.

Michael

Mike Gilbert

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2005, 07:48:19 PM »
Congratulations, Michael.   When you can win without a meet being held, it means good things are happening.   I don\'t recall seeing the white male at your place - was he in the show at Sedalia?

Mike G.

bantamhill

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2005, 07:53:52 PM »
He was in with the last pen of peafowl on the south side of the barn. He had molted early and his tail was about three-quarters of the way grown. To be honest my dad had spent 3 days last week in the hospital with heart problems which derailed my show prep and he was in what I considered embarrassing condition. He probably would have done better if he had been clean. He will be clean in Iowa!