Author Topic: 2010 national  (Read 2286 times)

faith valley

2010 national
« on: November 17, 2009, 09:04:49 AM »
Dont know if we are considering doing a fundraiser again for  our 2010 national.  If we do, I would recommend putting the birds in a raffle verses a silent auction.  The raffle will bring in significantly more money than a silent auction...

At Columbus, we had a pair of lavendars on the ABC club table in the silent auction and it brought in $23.00.  We had a pair on the next table right beside them in the Judging team raffle and that pair brought in $55.00.  There were 6 pens of birds on the judging team table next to our ABC club table and just those 6 raffle bags brought in $210.00.

A raffle of ameraucana pairs at the national meets could certainly pay for the next year\'s national meet awards. This is something that we do with the Call Duck club each year and that table brings in over $1,000 in just the one day. The other thing to consider is putting a pair or two of call ducks on the ABC club table as well, as you want to have birds options for the waterfowl exhibitors to purchase tickets or bid on silent auction for.

Just things to consider... if we do decide to go with a raffle or silent auction idea for our 2010 national, you can put me down to donate birds again.

Patty

Blue Egg Acres

2010 national
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2009, 09:41:25 AM »
Patty, thank you for the info and suggestions.  The 2010 national will be my first as a direstor responsible for \"getting it all together\" and I will appreciate any suggestions and help form those more experienced at these things.
Sounds like the auction/raffle of birds idea was a hit. Way to go Harold!