Author Topic: MN State Poultry Show Hutchinson  (Read 2860 times)

faith valley

MN State Poultry Show Hutchinson
« on: October 23, 2005, 10:09:56 PM »
We had a fabulous time at the State meet in Hutchinson.  Mike, it was a pleasure to meet you- Caleb loves his new chickens.

Caleb entered three of his ameraucana bantams in the junior show- a wheaten pullet purchased from Bantam hill- he placed BV, & RB with her( the pullet is only 5 months old- alot of promise here.) A Blue Wheaten hen purchased from John Blehm, which placed RV.  and the big win BB and Champion AOCCL on his Blue Wheaten Cock bird also purchased from John.

He also used a blue wheaten ameraucana hen for showmanship and placed 2nd in a class of 9 showmanship kids.

Thanks guys for giving him such a great start with the birds, he absolutely loves them.

Mike Gilbert

« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2005, 09:32:12 PM »
Patty,

Glad to have met you at Hutchinson.   You were very busy with youth activities, and I got very busy selling surplus birds, so sorry we didn\'t have more chance to visit.  Next time we will for sure.   Congratulations on those fine wins, I think Caleb did a fine job.   It\'s one thing to raise those birds, it\'s another to condition and prepare them to show to their best advantage.  Nice job.    As always I was impressed with all the beautiful varieties of call ducks, but \"the boss\" says no ducks until I retire and have time to take care of them myself during the winter months.   We\'ll see, that\'s only about three years off.

faith valley

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2005, 11:25:15 PM »
Mike,

When you get ready for call ducks, you look me up ~ we\'ll chat.

Caleb was so excited about his birds.  At coop out time I was a bit concerned because I went to coop his birds out and they were gone.  Caleb came up to me as I looked at his cages and just said, \"Mom, they are my birds you know- they are already out in the car ... \" I was so surprised, guess kids just grow up so fast. I never have to tell him to take care of his birds... Wish that would rub off on his older sister.. LOL.