Author Topic: Large fowl lavenders...  (Read 2670 times)

Large fowl lavenders...
« on: October 24, 2005, 12:01:57 PM »
Hello again everyone,
I don\'t know who all is working on the lavender Ameraucana projects in large and bantam fowl, but I\'ve been interested in creating a large fowl lavender for the USA for some time. Aside from meeting those members who are working on this, I\'d like to hear some of the thoughts that are out there in regards to which crosses are being made. I was planning on using the Bearded Porcelin D\'Anvers to get the recessive lavender (self blue) gene as well as picking up the genes necessary for making the mottled and millie fleur patterns. I know that the rose comb gene will be a pain to deal with, but having the gene(s) for beards and muffs already locked in will be nice.

Considering that every cross that any of us make is going to involve using bantams that have the lavender gene, we\'re going to have a lot of half bantams floating around that could be used by others (or shared). These half bantams could go either way, being used for bantam lavender Ameraucanas or large fowl Ameraucana. Are we planning on sharing our stock in a rotational method so we can keep everyone\'s flocks sort of consistant?

Regards,
Dan Demarest
Missouri

John

Large fowl lavenders...
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2005, 12:25:39 PM »
There is some lavender talk on page two under...2006 ABC National Meet ( 1, 2 )
ยป and progress on lavender project
In the LF I believe Curtis Beck, Michael Muenks and I are working on lavender.  We are all also woking on them in bantams along with Susie Winder.  
Others?