Author Topic: looking for new mottle breeder  (Read 5347 times)

looking for new mottle breeder
« on: January 22, 2010, 09:05:57 AM »
I am looking for a serious breeder who is interested in helping to develop our mottled variety. Some of you may know of my constant trouble with predation, well last year a racoon (we caught and disposed of the eveil creature and evil he was!) chewed through a wooden door and killed one of my main breeding roosters, Domino. Luckily I had been hatching quite a few eggs and Evan & Joseph have fully mottled Domino sons so the line is not lost. Now I would like to place a trio of Dominos with someone as insurance from loss, but also as this trio is ready to start developing a strong \"Domino\" line. The cockrel has been outcrossed to a completely seperate Ameraucana lines, so should be geneticlly diverse enough to bring back to the pullets.
With my AWA certifcation, AWA, I canot ship so they will need to be picked up. I can easily travel to LittleRock AR, Tulsa OK, or Springfield MO. Please contact me on my prive email: rose@masoncreekfarm.com

« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2010, 09:21:39 AM »
here is Domino. His sons have been both over-colored (good for show) and moderately mottled, no under-colored (light mottle) yet.

Bearpaw

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2010, 11:18:55 AM »

Hi,
He is a good looking fellow for sure.
Bearpaw

:D

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2011, 01:12:20 PM »
Does anyone still have Mottled Ameraucanas they are working on?

I would love to see some pictures and see how the project is coming. Not that I need another project.....BUT...I find this one very interesting.

Thanks

Cindy

Jess

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2011, 09:46:21 AM »
Morning Rose,
I sent you an Email.
I would be interested in raising some mottled, I think they are beautiful.
Thanks
Jess

jerryse

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2011, 10:50:57 AM »
Great looking variety.I was wondering how others view the spotted legs.It is a genetic reality that mottleing interupts melanin in feathers and legs.I feel that since the birds are genetically slate that white with slate spots should not be a deal breaker.You are not bringing in a foreign leg color that would pollute the gene pool.Rather we would be admitting to a genetic reality.Anyone care to Comment?

bantamhill

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2011, 01:31:34 PM »
I know that Rose and Joe are both still working with mottled large fowl. Their contact information is in the Breeder\'s Directory. If I get back to the farm I will be getting back into them eventually.

Michael

dak

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2011, 10:19:55 PM »
Quote from: bantamhill
I know that Rose and Joe are both still working with mottled large fowl. Their contact information is in the Breeder\'s Directory. If I get back to the farm I will be getting back into them eventually.

Michael

I received eggs from Mr. Woodiel this spring and had a good hatch of Black and Blue Mottled.  They are beautiful birds.  The cockerels have little pigment on their shanks, but the pullets vary from mostly pigmented to about 50/50.

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2011, 11:53:00 AM »
If I can make room I may get some eggs to hatch in the Spring. Does anyone have pictures to share? I have never seen a good photo of the Mottled Ameraucanas.

Thanks

Mike Gilbert

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2011, 01:39:03 PM »
When they can put slate legs on them fairly consistently, then it might be possible. ;)