Author Topic: South Central District Meet, December 10-11  (Read 13126 times)

bantamhill

South Central District Meet, December 10-11
« on: November 06, 2005, 09:24:13 PM »
The South Central District Meet is December 10-11 in Shawnee, OK. I have committed myself to attending. I know Paul S. will be in attendance . . . any others? I know they limit the show to 3,000 birds (I can\'t imagine what that will look like) and I have received a show catalog and hope to give Paul someone to show against!

Michael

Mike Gilbert

« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2005, 07:50:34 PM »
Michael, I can\'t get away because of my work schedule that time of year.    How long of a drive will it be for you?
I know Paul will be more than happy to have some competition!   Have a great time, and have a safe trip.

Mike G.

bantamhill

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2005, 07:56:34 PM »
Almost 7 hours. It will basically a straight shot down I-44 once I get to it.

Michael

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2005, 11:04:30 PM »
If you can pick me up on the way through, I\'ll go....I just don\'t want to make the drive alone...

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2005, 12:35:55 PM »
Talked to Bob and Lucy Bridges at the Jamboree the other day they are planning on being at Shawnee so i\'d imagine they will bring Ameraucanas to. Chris

John

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2005, 05:36:22 PM »
I just got the Lucasville show report in today\'s mail and see that the Bridges had BB bantam Ameraucana there.  It\'s nice to see they are still showing Ameraucanas, but wish they would get back into the club.  Maybe someone could encourage them a bit?

bantamhill

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2005, 08:09:42 PM »
Angela,

Doesn\'t look like a problem to me. I hit I-44 at Lebanon! I have a van with a trailer hitch . . . I will look into what it would cost to rent a small trailer in case my wife and kids decide to go. We would have room for two more people comfortably in the van.

Michael

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2005, 08:20:35 PM »
What a sweetie!  
  Don\'t you dare....I\'ll load up six or eight birds in my Focus, and roll!  I\'ll see ya there!

bantamhill

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2005, 09:08:55 PM »
Actually I may rent one anyway . . . let me see the cost of a small trailer . . . I may use that hitch yet!

Michael

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2005, 09:44:01 PM »
Honk when you go by the Conway exit, and I\'ll fall in behind!

Paul

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2005, 09:29:18 AM »
Its great to see you all are planning on showing at our district meet in Shawnee, OK. on Dec. 10-11.  Entries close November 21!  They may reach their limit of 3,000 head this year since Texas Exhibitors can come without having an AI test.  Angela & I were the only Texas exhibitors last year due to the AI test requirement to enter Oklahoma.  Two years ago they turned entries away due to reaching their 3,000 head limit.  This is one of the best & largest show in our district!  They have great facilities with heated building.  Two other exhibitors who were non club members exhibited Ameraucanas last year, but Angela and I were the only ABC members who showed Ameraucanas.  I saw and visited with 2 other ABC members who were showing other breeds.  Thanks in advance for supporting our district meet.  :D

Paul Smith
Paul Smith

Paul

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2005, 09:14:07 PM »
Just a reminder that entries close for this show on Monday November 21.  I talked with Steve Jones the show secretary today he said as of Saturday morning he had 2,000 head.  He feels like by Tuesday they maybe full.  Hope you\'ve already mailed your entries in.  Ours were mailed off Friday. As of Saturday morning the only Ameraucanas entered were 3 large fowl blues.
Paul Smith

« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2005, 09:44:23 PM »
I\'m really sorry guys, but I\'m not going to be able to make it.  Maybe next year.
  On the brighter side.....Champion AOSB...blue pullet
Rsv Champ AOSB....black hen
NE Oklahoma Poultry Show Today
That will be it for me this year.

Good luck in Shawnee!

Paul

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2005, 10:19:37 PM »
I saw Steve Jones this week-end.  He said that he had 2700 as of Wednesday some classes are full but has room for 300 more.  Which he expects to be filled with the entries already in the mail.
Paul Smith

bantamhill

« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2005, 11:49:20 PM »
That is going to be a lot of birds! I sent in my entry of 30 . . . a few more than half are large fowl. I am looking forward to the show!

Michael