Author Topic: Show clubs requesting ABC meets  (Read 16672 times)

John

Show clubs requesting ABC meets
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2005, 08:07:58 PM »
The Southeast OK Poultry Club is requesting two meets for their double show on Nov. 12, 2005, in Idabel.

Mike Gilbert

« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2005, 10:10:21 PM »
John, is Paul aware of the Oklahoma club\'s request?   Two meets at the same show in one day seems redundant to me, and I know they are judged by different judges, but I just don\'t get the point.    Others may disagree, but I don\'t think its a kosher way of piling up points.   What do the rest of you think?   Maybe there is something I am not seeing here?

bantamhill

« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2005, 02:07:57 AM »
I do not think that the Missouri State Poultry Show that was in April of 2005 nor the Southeastern Iowa in May of 2005 had two meets placed although they were both double judged shows.

Michael

John

« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2005, 12:32:36 PM »
Two meets at the same show in one day seems redundant to me, and I know they are judged by different judges, but I just don\'t get the point.

I agree.  I am just relaying the request from the show club: \"We will be having a double show, on the same day.  So we will need 2 meets please.\"
I don\'t know if Paul is aware of the show and don\'t think that he checks out this forum, although he is registered.
Because of the late notice it is too late to place a meet with them according to our guidelines, even if a member wanted to.
FYI, I use this forum to relay the requests that I receive for club meets from show clubs.  If the requests are emailed to me or a SASE is included I reply to let them know our club\'s meet placing policy.  All of our club members have received our meet placing policy.
Because we place meets differently than many other breed clubs, it may be a good topic to cover in a Poultry Press article.

John

« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2005, 07:26:02 PM »
The Mid Ohio Show Bird Breeders Association is requesting a meet at thier show, 2/4 & 5/06, at the Preble County Fairgrounds in Eaton.
Contact Michelle Hofacker for a show catalog (937)533-0513.

« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2005, 10:09:21 AM »
John,
Did the meet report back from the Utah Fancy Poultry show last March ever make it to you??? Koralynn should have been sent a copy too, and I don\'t think she got hers.
 :thinking:

John

« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2005, 07:32:08 PM »
No.  Some shows send reports very late, but I don\'t think we\'ll get one from them.
I have received some reports from shows where we didn\'t even place a meet.

« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2005, 06:51:26 PM »
That frustrates me. Don\'t you need those to keep records of member wins and such? Don\'t we get some kind of award from this club when we win also?

John

« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2005, 07:48:52 PM »
Yes, provided enough people exhibited Ameraucanas the club sends rosettes to some winners.  Sometimes there isn\'t enough competition for anyone to win like this past weekend at our Michigan state meet.
I\'ll try to contact the show club ot see if they will still send a report.

« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2005, 07:44:21 PM »
Thank you. I appreciate that. As I remember there were quite a few birds.

John

« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2005, 09:35:57 PM »
I phoned the contact guy yesterday.  He said he doesn\'t remember a meet for us in the show catalog, but claimed he would check into it.  I told him it was supposed to be an Ameraucana meet and he repeated back \"Araucana\", so I said not Araucana...Ameraucana.  He said \"same thing\" or something like that.  I tried to explain that is a different club and breed.  He said he knows that.  I asked for his email address a couple times and volunteered to send a show report form.  He didn\'t give it.  He seemed to in a hurry to get off the phone and didn\'t ask for my number or any other contact info.

John

« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2005, 08:37:42 AM »
Indiana Poultry Breeders Association is requesting a meet for our show December 3-4, 2005

« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2005, 03:53:15 PM »
John
You can try to contact our new club president via email. It is Csckcs@aol.com his name is Curtis. Was it Frank that you called. You know, I even gave him a second form that Koralynn wanted sent to her too. Infact do you remember talking to him on the phone because I requested the meet late?

John

« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2005, 07:14:10 PM »
The Delmarva Poultry Fanciers show is April 1 - 2, 2006, at the Delaware State Fairgrounds in Harrington.  Contact Rich at rbarczew@desu.edu for more info.
Contact ABC NE Director, Larry Clionsky, to place a meet.

John

« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2005, 04:10:47 PM »
The Dairyland Classic Poultry Show will be on June 3rd in Richland Center, WI.  They are requesting that we place an ABC meet with them by January 15th.
If you request any meets by emailing your District Director, please include a to me (the ABC Secretary).