Author Topic: Show clubs requesting ABC meets  (Read 16671 times)

John

Show clubs requesting ABC meets
« on: May 29, 2005, 11:14:39 PM »
I received the request below, but as always the ABC places state meets at the request of our members.  This show will be at the Kern County Fairgrounds in Bakersfield, CA.  Please contact Koralyn if you would like to request a meet there.

Dear Club Secretary,
On behalf of my organization, The Bakersfield Fancy Feathers Club, I invite you to place a meet at our upcoming show. Our show dates are planned for November 25-26 2005.
This past year we had approximately 700 birds entered by 75 exhibitors.  
I believe a meet that showcases your breed would be a great asset to our show.
Our premium book goes to press on October 1 2005.  I look forward to hearing from you . Should you have any questions regarding our show please feel free to contact me.
Sincerely,
Michael N. Branum
BFFC Show Secretary

John

« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2005, 08:57:32 AM »
I recieved the following message and I think they are asking to host an ABC State meet  for CA.

Hello:
    The Sea Side Feather Fanciers of Ventura county California would like to host the State competition for California. What do we have to do so we can advertise our show as a state meet.
    Our show is scheduled for the last week-end in October. This should be a good warm up for the ABA/APA nationals the following January

John

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2005, 08:34:24 PM »
And another...
The Virginia Poultry Breeders Association is inviting the ABC to place a meet at their show, November 19-20, 2005.
From Kitty Sanderlin Gleason, VPBA Show Secretary.

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2005, 01:09:08 AM »
I\'d love to go to the two in CA since they are both easy for me to get to -- only a 4 hour drive!  Count me in.

John

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2005, 06:40:24 PM »
I received a letter asking the ABC to place a meet at the APA semi-annual meet and show, May 2006 in Pueblo, Colorado.
For info go to www.apa-semiannual-2006.org.

John

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2005, 06:52:15 PM »
The Chattahoochee Valley Poultry Association is requesting that the ABC place a meet at their show, on 2/18/06, at the Coweta County Fairgrounds in Newnan, GA.

John

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2005, 11:21:58 AM »
The Tucson Poultry Pigeon and Fancy Fowl Club show is Nov. 19-20, at the Pima Co. Fairgrounds, Tucson, AZ.

John

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2005, 02:32:11 PM »
Brown Co. Poultry & Pigeon Assoc., Inc, New Ulm Show
97th annual show at the Brown Co. Fairgrounds on Oct
8-9, 2005. Steven Ziller, BCPPA Newsletter Editior,
507-421-0985 or collect at 507-356-2946 evenings

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2005, 08:19:46 AM »
I would like to request a meet (state or otherwise) at the Bluegrass Poultry and Rabbit Association show in Danville, KY on October 29, \'05. I have sent an email to my rep, she has not yet replied (I am sure it\'s just because she\'s busy) but I thought I\'d post it here as long as you were discussing it.

Contact info:  
Oscar Bailey
859-369-7065
OBailey@IClub.org
-or-
Jeff Poole
859-734-2213
Jeff_1_Poole@Yahoo.com

Thanks!

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2005, 10:19:22 PM »
Hmmm,  :thinking: here is a question
I had requested a number of meets here localy, and I thought that the NY State Meet was granted for the yankee fall clasic, and a special meet for the Eastern New York State Show in cobelskill...However i just recieved my catalouge for ENYSPA, and it appears the NY state meet is at cobelskill??
Is it a typo?? a mistake, or am I confused??
I still plan on bringing some silver youngsters to both shows, but the Yankee fall classic is later and the youngsters will be a bit better looking?

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2005, 09:44:39 AM »
Quote from: John
And another...
The Virginia Poultry Breeders Association is inviting the ABC to place a meet at their show, November 19-20, 2005.
From Kitty Sanderlin Gleason, VPBA Show Secretary.

So I\'ve sent two e-mails to try and find out where this show will be held and have not gotten any responces. How will I know if the ABC will be there? I\'m hoping this happen because I really want to see some show stock to learn what to look for.

John

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2005, 10:53:37 AM »
Rita,
The meets were to be placed the way you requested them and that is the way I had them listed in the Bulletin.  Larry Clionsky is now the NE District Director.  I will work with him and the show clubs to try to get it straightened out.

Douglas,
Beth Collier is your SE District Director and you should email her if you want to place a meet.  Please review the our Explaination of Meet Policy for the requirements.  We don\'t like to place meets unless we think 3 or more exhibitors will show Ameraucanas.  Some areas of the country don\'t have many Ameraucanas at their shows and we probably have the most shown in the mid west shows.  

Whenever a member places a meet it is a good idea to include a copy of the email to me (the ABC Secretary), so that I can make sure it is followed up.  Also District Directors should include copies of their email messsages placing meets, with show clubs, to me.

« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2005, 12:03:44 PM »
Thanks John. I wont be requesting a meet, I just want to see some good birds. I guess Dawn and I will have to come to the mid-west.

« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2005, 10:54:34 PM »

Well, I was just wondering, it may be a typo as I noticed some special awards fro Araucanas, and think possibly it was supposed to say Araucana State Meet??  I am sure is was just a missprint or something
While we do get a number of Ameraucanas at cobelskill, I felt then Yankee Fall classic was a better choice sinse it is a joint show for most of the clubs in NY.
And I do remember you saying the meets were placed, But  I can\'t remember which was which.
No matter, we planned on bringing some silvers to both of those shows.

Congratulations Larry!!
I am pleased you are now our district director!!

John

« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2005, 07:29:17 AM »
I have sent messages to the contact person of each show to verily that the meets are properly placed.