Author Topic: Nominations  (Read 6212 times)

John

Nominations
« on: August 12, 2010, 09:37:48 AM »
Nominations are being accepted for club officers.  The current terms end on December 31st and elections are held every two years.  The ballot will be in the upcoming quarterly Bulletin around the first of September and the results posted in the last Bulletin of the year around December first.
We still need someone to run for President and SE District Director.
Nominate yourself today..., since nominations close August 20th!!!

Jean

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pipsandpeeps.com
Nominations
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2010, 03:41:53 PM »
No suggestions for president??????????

Don\'t make me do it, I\'m not into that politically correct stuff.... there\'s got to be a better candidate.

Paul.......
Jean

John

Nominations
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2010, 08:08:51 PM »
I think Paul would be a good one and have asked him in the past.  If elected he could appoint Angela as District Director.

If political correctness was a prerequisite I wouldn\'t have taken the job to start with. :D

You may be our last great hope!

Cloverleaf Farm

Nominations
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2010, 06:03:25 AM »
Come on Jean, do it!  

Hey John, WE can nominate others, right??

LOL

John

Nominations
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2010, 09:34:53 AM »
nominate others, right??

Sure, but they can decline.  I generally first ask if they would accept a nomination.  Even a \"write-in\" winner could still decline.  
Any of our current directors would make a good president and there are others for sure.  I don\'t know of anything to stop someone from holding two offices and they could always try to appoint someone else as to the director position once in office.
The same works for Michael.  The problem is the secretary/treasurer job requires more time than all the others combined.  We may try to take some of the load and distribute more of it to the directors.

Cloverleaf Farm

Nominations
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2010, 07:33:10 PM »
Or what about splitting it up into a secretary position and a treasurer position?  I feel like I want to do \"something\" but with my schedule, I don\'t think I could commit that much time right now... now if Jean became President and the Western Director position should open up....wink, wink...

John

Nominations
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2010, 07:42:37 PM »
what about splitting it up into a secretary position and a treasurer position?

The secretary job is the more demanding of the two, but they really go together in a club like this.  When members join and send thier membership form and money in it goes to the same person.  If they were split positions it requires extra work for one to make sure the other has the dues money before updating membership lists and sending out awards and Bulletins to that person.  

faith valley

Nominations
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2010, 09:02:39 PM »
I\'d split it into a few positions...

Treasure ~ the money, the  new member mailing, paypal, and send out new membership packets... also responsible to send a current membership roster to the other officers monthly.

Secretary ~ the point updates, show reports, mailing of merchandize  and mailing of awards, and daily correspondence for the club

yearbook and newsletters done by a different officer

website updates by a director or delegated to someone that the board approves.

The secretary/treasure job is a burn out possition if it is not slimmed down- I know- I was the secretary/webmaster of the Call club for a term and interim sect for the previous term.  I have been the NCBA youth director since 2003 and a district director as well. It is a tough slot and Michael has done a beautiful job for the club. Really appreciate all of his hard work and hope that he will continue on in that office.

I am not running for office for the Call club this term~ decided to take a bit of a break from that as I have been in office of that club since 2003.

If you all decide to delegate out things and need a hand, I am willing to sign on for a term.

Patty~

John

Nominations
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2010, 10:07:43 AM »
Patty,
If the treasurer did more than just receive money and pay bills as you\'ve unlined then I can see a benefit to spitting the offices.

faith valley

Nominations
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2010, 06:24:07 PM »
You know, the treasure job in most clubs is just a money handling job.  Not really much to it... kind of a shame when you have someone that is in office and might like to have more responsibility.

I really think that if you want to have a successful officer board and if you want to not burn through your secretaries, then you need to divide up the job a bit. If you do divide it up then you have a stonger officer board. You dont need to worry if one officer gets ill or has a computer crash... The club will still carry on business as usual.

I know of a few clubs where the secretary is also the treasure... it is fine for a bit then the secretary stops answering emails, phone calls, sending out newsletters.... and the club comes to a screeching stop... The call club went through that a few years back & boy was it frustraitng. The club is here for the membership, and in that situation the membership sure did get upset due to lack of communication.

Michael is doing a wonderful job. I would hate to loose him.  If dividing up the jobs a bit helps him to stay then I think it might be worth kicking the idea around by the board.

Just a thought to consider...

Off topic- John, I hatched out 4 more of the buff colored crosses this week.  Should have some nice ones to sift though at nationals.

Patty

dardavis

Nominations
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2010, 11:00:35 PM »
I think Jean would make a fantastic president.

John

Nominations
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2010, 09:22:12 AM »
Nominations closed on the 20th, so a space will be provided on the ballot for write-ins.

Jean, how do spell your last name?

Mike Gilbert

Nominations
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2010, 03:07:38 PM »
So who are the nominees for president, secretary, and district directors?

Jean

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pipsandpeeps.com
Nominations
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2010, 11:20:03 PM »
Mike,

I believe the President position and the SE District are vacant and will be write ins.

I believe everyone else has said they will take on their current positions again.

Since no one seems interested in the President position, I will offer to take it for the next term.  So, just fill my name in the blank if you choose to vote for me.

I told John to expect many phone calls to me as this will be new to me and I want to continue with getting the lavenders accepted at Indianapolis next fall.

Jean, how do spell your last name?

Ribbeck
Jean

Mike Gilbert

Nominations
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2010, 09:42:44 AM »
Jean, I\'m sure you would make a fine president.   Would you also continue to hold the directors position?    Or would you appoint someone else?

I wonder if we might get a listing of the S.E. District paid members, and how long they have been members,  as I don\'t know who all might be available as write in candidates.  I do think the leadership positions should be filled with people having a minimum of four or five years as ABC members.