Author Topic: Illini Poultry show  (Read 4893 times)

QUADCH

Illini Poultry show
« on: September 10, 2010, 05:56:21 PM »
I\'m off to the Illini show to coop in. I\'ve got 26 Ameraucanas in the car at the moment.

Mike will you be there? Anyone else?

Its supposed to be an ABC state meet, but it was not in the catalog. Its also the Faverolle national, so the other half of the car is filled with Fav\'s. Should be fun, we\'ve got great weather!

Coyote

Illini Poultry show
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2010, 07:23:52 PM »
What kind of Favs do you have and where are you from?

Mike Gilbert

Illini Poultry show
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2010, 09:46:35 PM »
Nope, could not get away this weekend.   Sorry.  Am planning to attend the show at Portage, WI, the last weekend of this month.

Mike

QUADCH

Illini Poultry show
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2010, 11:43:56 PM »
Quote from: Coyote
What kind of Favs do you have and where are you from?

Salmon large fowl & Northern IL.

QUADCH

Illini Poultry show
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2010, 04:31:39 PM »
Thanks Illini poultry club for putting on a great show!

BB LF - Blue Cockerel
RB LF Black Cockerel

owned by Lori Waters, bred by Paul & Angela Smith

BB Bantam - Blue Wheaton Cockerel
RB Bantam - Blue Wheaton Pullet

owned by Lori Waters, bred by John Belm

Mike Gilbert

Illini Poultry show
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2010, 06:20:40 PM »
Lori, it is so nice to see someone giving the breeders credit as well.  Sorry I couldn\'t be there.   Congratulations on your wins, and for being a gracious winner.

QUADCH

Illini Poultry show
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2010, 10:02:10 AM »
Thanks Mike. That\'s the funny thing about credit, its good when its given, but not when its taken. LOL! This show is too early for the  LF to be in their full glory yet, but the quality of the birds still shows though loud and clear. I\'m always amused by the comments I hear when I show my Ameraucanas. They generate more interest from the public than any of my other breeds. Many tales of 4-H\'rs showing EE\'s of one sort or another that just didn\'t cut the mustard.

This weekend I sold a very nice black male (the RB LF) to a lovely family that was so thrilled to get him. The little girl gave me a big hug, she was so adorable. It made my whole weekend.

Mike Gilbert

Illini Poultry show
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2010, 05:12:29 PM »
Did you get any pictures of the winners to share?

QUADCH

Illini Poultry show
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2010, 09:14:15 PM »
I can\'t get them to post here, sorry....

John

Illini Poultry show
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2010, 09:16:38 PM »
If you have a photo (or any other \"attachment\"), that you want to add to your post, saved somewhere on your computer it is easy to do.  When you \"reply\" to a post a reply window (screen or box) comes up.  You type your reply in the \"Message\" area as usual, but then click on \"Browse\" down below in the \"Attachments\" area.  From there you choose the file (such as a photo) that you want to attach.  Maybe it is under \"my pictures\" or somewhere else, but once you find it click on it and then click \"open\".  The file location should then be in the box to the left of the \"Browse\" button.  Then click on the \"Add Attachment\" button.  It may take a minute.  You\'ll be able to preview your post with the attachment, before clicking \"Reply\" to complete your reply.  The one thing that may cause a problem is if your file (photo or whatever) is too large.  We have a 35KB max. file size so that folks with a dial up phone hook up don\'t have to wait forever for things to download.  If the photo is too big, it will tell you so and you will have to edit it down to size and try again.

Mike Gilbert

Illini Poultry show
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2010, 10:37:49 PM »
I put my pictures in \"My Pictures\" file.   When I open an album, I click on the picture I want to work with to bring it up.
Then click on Image, then Resize.    You may have to reduce both the inches and the pixels, just experiment and see what works.   There is a drop down box to select inches or pixels.

QUADCH

Illini Poultry show
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2010, 11:00:41 PM »
I\'m still trying. It is the resizing thing that is the problem.

Jean

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pipsandpeeps.com
Illini Poultry show
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2010, 11:20:14 PM »
If you have a photobucket or similar account you can upload there and just copy the link into your thread and it will show up also.
Jean

Coyote

Illini Poultry show
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2010, 11:33:09 PM »
Did you do any good with your Favs? We have both LF and Bantam Salmons and a few whites and buffs

QUADCH

Illini Poultry show
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2010, 11:50:32 PM »
Quote from: Coyote
Did you do any good with your Favs? We have both LF and Bantam Salmons and a few whites and buffs

I had RB with one of my LF cockerels, but the entry numbers were very disappointing.

Ok, I think I\'ve got some what of a picture...here goes