Author Topic: South-Central District Meet Info.  (Read 8070 times)

Paul

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
South-Central District Meet Info.
« on: September 16, 2010, 10:21:15 AM »
If you have received your news letter and read my report, there is a change to make.  The Oklahoma State Poultry Show is no longer hoping for 10,000 head.  Entries will be limited to the first 4500 birds!  They will fill-up and turn entries away-so enter early!  This show is the APA national this year.  A banquet is scheduled for Sat., Dec. 11 @ 7:00 PM at the conference center there on the show grounds.  Send entries ASAP to:
Steve Jones
PO Box 741146
Dallas, TX. 75243
Entries close November 15, but they will fill-up before then.

Hope many ABC members come.
Paul Smith
Paul Smith

Mike Gilbert

« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2010, 01:40:42 PM »
Thanks Paul.   The Oklahoma show probably should not have been granted the APA National if they were going to limit entries to 4,500 birds.     Anyway, it is the wrong time of year  to be traveling between Wisconsin and Oklahoma.

Paul

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2010, 10:26:21 AM »
Mike,  I had the same thoughts.  That is the main reason we can not have an ABC national there.  It is one of the best shows in the SC district but normally they only rent 1 barn and limit the entries to 2,500 head.  Its not unusual for them to fill-up and reject entries.  This year they have rented two barns and limited to first 4,500 head.  We have shown there every year since 2,000, and look forward to it.  Its our last show of the season-after it, our birds are put into breeding pens.

Paul
Paul Smith

Paul

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2010, 09:15:49 AM »
Just a reminder that entries close, upon receiving 4500 entries, or on Monday, November 15, 2010, whichever is first.  Ours were sent off this past Monday.  Remember this is our South-Central District meet.
Paul Smith

faith valley

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2010, 09:57:02 AM »
That show is the Call Duck national for 2010.  We received an update on entry numbers on Friday.

\"As of Friday morning there are 1,650 birds entered in the show.\"

Patty

Paul

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2010, 11:11:27 AM »
Patty,
Thanks for the update.
Paul
Paul Smith

faith valley

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2010, 12:38:10 PM »
If they send numbers again, I will post them so we can all stay informed.  I too was conserned about placing a national at Shawnee because of the cut off on entries numbers.  I was really against it, but was out voted.

Patty

Paul

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2010, 09:50:13 PM »
Patty,
Are you going to show any Ameraucanas?
Paul
Paul Smith

faith valley

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2010, 10:08:51 PM »
No, unfortunately, I wont be attending the show- I am sending a pair of call ducks to the show and then after they are judged the call pair will be moved to the  NCBA raffle/aucion area to be sold to raise money for the Call club.  Wish the show was not so far away- would have loved to attend.

We are done showing for the season- all of our ameraucanas are in their winter breeding pens already. Need to get some chicks hatched to be ready for the 2011 national.

So, 2011 is Indy, 2012 will be Missouri, which district has 2013?

Patty

Paul

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2010, 08:58:16 AM »
The 2013 national is in the Western District.
Paul Smith

Beth C

« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2010, 09:03:04 AM »
Has it been determined yet what year it will be in the southeastern part of the country?

faith valley

« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2010, 09:30:24 AM »
I realize with the Indy show, we have gotten our rotation stirred up a touch.. so how exactly is it suppose to go again?

2009 was NE held in Columbus, OH
2010 was SE held in Frankfort, KY

2011 break from rotation to go to North Central ~ Indy, IN

Back to normal rotation so if I am understanding this correctly it is...

2012 is South Central held in MO
2013 is Western
2014 here is where I am confussed... Do we do to the North Central here?

Is this info on a webpage and I just missed it?... Also did not find which state goes in which district.

Thanks~
Patty

Beth C

« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2010, 09:50:13 AM »
Patty: The map is here: http://ameraucana.org/abcboard_files/image001.jpg . I was pretty surprised to find Frankfort, KY was considered SE district. Do they vary the location w/in the district? Any chance the next one might be more toward the middle of the district, like maybe Atlanta? I think there was one in VA in the past, which would be doable for me, but pretty far north for someone say in FL.

Mike Gilbert

« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2010, 09:55:19 AM »
The states assigned to each district is also in the Breeders Handbook.    The Board of Directors has the ability to rearrange the districts as needed for the betterment of the club as a whole.   Ohio is currently in the Northeastern district.
I\'m not sure about 2014 either.

tinadinkins

« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2010, 10:17:57 AM »
I can\'t find my breeder\'s handbook, can someone put a copy of this page with the states on here for me, thanks, Tina