Author Topic: ABC National  (Read 9774 times)

ABC National
« on: October 23, 2010, 09:13:10 PM »
P.S. this is Jensen Pierson for those of you who know who i am.(in the process of username change) This National was so much fun! I ended up selling, trading, and buying so many birds. I lost track for a little bit! I am just glad i got everyone Home :D (and didnt take anyone home who wasnt suppose to come home with me ;) lol) I ended up getting best buff large fowl of the open show! I was excited about that! I also got best display with my black large fowl! That was a HUGE suprise!!!! Its was a nice show with lots of birds, and i learned alot too!!! I am so going to the next ABC nationals!!!! :p
P.S. Jerry and Jake, how old are the black cayuga drake and hen you sold me? Has the hen started to lay yet?

jwoodhaven

• ABC Lifetime Award
  • Associate
    • View Profile
    • http://www.woodhavenpoultry.com
ABC National
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2010, 11:01:29 AM »
We returned to Wisconsin about 1:30 this mor.  Trip was uneventful and birds made it in fine fashion.  As usual, we had a great time. Was fun visiting with all of you again. Had fun teasing and picking on Matthew(he is pretty good at giving it back too).  Again, congrats to all the winners, infact congrats. to everyone. This was one quality show, from top to bottom.   Hope everyone else makes it home safe.

Jensen, both birds are 2010 hatch,and the she has not started laying yet.

Jerry ,Jake, and Emmy

tinadinkins

ABC National
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2010, 03:25:23 PM »
Jensen, I loved your belt and boots.  Boy, this National wore me out but was so much fun.  I came home with 11 new birds in all but was minus one pullet or hen.  I must have left her in the show barn but at least I didn\'t come home with extra.  It was my first national and not my last and I really enjoyed it.  My son and his friend had a good time with Matthew.  Thanks everyone, Tina Dinkins

Anne Foley

ABC National
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2010, 04:31:11 PM »
Had a great time in Frankfort!  Thanks to everyone!  Anne and John Foley

ABC National
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2010, 04:36:39 PM »
Thanks Jerry and Jake for the info.........Does anyone know what happened to the eggs in the eggs contest? The only reason i ask is because I showed my eggs in my own two wooden bowls and i would have liked to have had them back... One is a dark brown shade, the other is like a checkered light tan shade. Its not a big deal if i dint get them though........

tinadinkins

ABC National
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2010, 06:23:02 PM »
Ask John Blehm or Barbara Campbell, one of those two probably know where the baskets are.

Mike Gilbert

ABC National
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2010, 07:48:40 PM »
This is Mike Gilbert; Mary and I are on the way home from Frankfort, making a two day trip out of it.   I will agree with Jerry.   I believe the quality was deeper than any national meet I have attended.   There were many outstanding birds that could have won it all in the past.   Thanks to Jim Fegan, I have the Champion large fowl of show, a black Ameraucana pullet, in my Buick on her way to a new home at Red Stag Acres.  Thank you Jim.  And I think I gave everyone fair warning on this discussion board about my neighbor, Bob Walchak.   All he did was take the Champion Ameraucana over all on a white bantam cockerel.  Oh, and best blue wheaten bantam, best black bantam, and best brown red bantam.  He kicked our butts.   And John Blehm showed the best silver bantam female I have ever seen.   Anyway, Mary and I thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.   Thanks to all who made it possible.

John

ABC National
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2010, 07:58:16 PM »
what happened to the eggs

David and I disposed of the eggs and asked Barbara to send the left over baskets to Michael with all the other stuff she has to pack and mail to him.  They may be at Indy next year.    

PS...we left about a quarter after 9 this morning and got home about 6:30 this afternoon.  Did any mention it was a great weekend?  

Blue Egg Acres

ABC National
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2010, 09:38:19 PM »
Quote from: AmeraucanaBuff123
.my own two wooden bowls and i would have liked to have had them back...

Not knowing whose they were I packed them homw with me. do you neeed for me to send them to you?

QUADCH

ABC National
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2010, 09:46:24 PM »
Quote from: Mike Gilbert
I think I gave everyone fair warning on this discussion board about my neighbor, Bob Walchak.

Boy were you right, that is a super little bird!

Blue Egg Acres

ABC National
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2010, 09:50:24 PM »
Even though I came home exhausted, having had the privelge to host the Ameraucana national in the southeast district is one of the most satisfying feelings I\'ve experienced. I want to thank all members for bearing with me as I muddled through and a special thanks to those who jumped in to help when and where they were needed. We have a great group!

Paul

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
ABC National
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2010, 11:32:18 AM »
We managed to get home safely missing most of the storms in Arkansas and Texas.  It was 943 miles there-going through Missouri, and 894 miles back-going through Arkansas.  It was great to see the Ameraucana gang again after missing the past two years!  We are looking forward to the national meet in Indy next year!  Then my turn in 2012!!

Paul Smith
Paul Smith

dak

ABC National
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2010, 01:25:37 PM »
Mr Smith, Is there a proposed location fro the 2012 show?  

Jean

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pipsandpeeps.com
ABC National
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2010, 02:46:40 PM »
I\'m really sad I missed it this year.  I guess every other year isn\'t too bad.

Jean

Blue Egg Acres

ABC National
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2010, 03:29:00 PM »
We signed up 2 new members at the national. Welcome David Krut, junior member and Carl Brantley.
The raffle brought in $288.  A big \"thank you\" to Tina Dinkins and Patty Pickard for putting the raffle together.