Author Topic: 2011 National Meet Motel Info  (Read 3415 times)

Mike Gilbert

2011 National Meet Motel Info
« on: November 15, 2010, 06:33:22 PM »
The host motel for the Crossroads of America Poultry Show is now taking reservations.    The motel is the Marriott North at 3645 River Crossing Parkway, Indianapolis, Indiana.  Show dates are October 28, 29, and 30, 2011, so most of us will want reservations for the nights of the 27th, 28th, and 29th.    The special group rate is $89 plus tax per night.   There is an indoor pool.   The toll free reservation number is 1-800-228-9290, or the hotel can be called directly at 1-317-705-0000.   The Blehm\'s, Fegan\'s and Gilbert\'s already have their reservations.  

QUADCH

« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2010, 04:45:30 PM »
My reservations are made too! I can\'t wait!

Mike Gilbert

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2010, 10:43:04 AM »
Lori, how did it go at Iowa City???

QUADCH

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2010, 06:49:10 PM »
Good Mike, its always a nice show. They had all the coops single stacked and decent sized isles and they got us out of there by 11:00 on Sunday, just like they promised. I made it home in time to see the Bears beat the Eagles :D Sorry about those Packers Mike  ;)

Ameraucana were well represented. 5 exhibitors total, I believe. Large fowl in white, black and blue were shown. Lavender, blue wheaten and white in bantams. A nice white pullet was BB bantam, shown by ABC member COYOTE. I had RB on a blue wheaten cockerel from John. In large fowl, I had BB on a black pullet from the Foleys and she went on to reserve AOSB. RB was my blue cockerel from the Smith\'s, who went home with his happy new owner, SteveH. It was hard to let him go, but to have too many nice ones is always a nice problem to have.

Eastern Iowa is the last show of the year for me. I have done a lot of sifting and sorting with my Ameraucana over the years. I started over more times than I wanted to, but I am very happy with the birds I have at this point and very excited about moving forward with them. Thanks to all the wonderful folks who got me to this point.
Happy Holidays!
Lori  

Mike Gilbert

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2010, 08:32:35 PM »
Sounds like a good time, sorry I missed it.   Coyote would be Al Nichols from Iowa; I know she has some good white bantams, always gives Bob Walchak and Jerry DeSmidt some good competition.   Congrats on getting that black large fowl pullet to Champion Row!

Jean

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pipsandpeeps.com
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2010, 08:37:27 PM »
Room is reserved, just need to find suitable child care and farm care services.......
Jean

Korfus Kluckers

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2010, 01:36:12 AM »
Im really excited. It will be just like our Washington\'s shows, plus thousands of birds and 2000 or so miles away

faith valley

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2010, 08:52:24 PM »
We booked our hotel for nationals this evening.  Ended up going with the Wyndham for this year.  Nice hotel and priceline had good prices.  Looking forward to seeing everyone at the big show~

Patty