Author Topic: Washington Feather Fanciers Winter Brisk Show  (Read 7171 times)

Cloverleaf Farm

Washington Feather Fanciers Winter Brisk Show
« on: December 06, 2010, 04:03:15 AM »
Had a great show this past weekend.  14 bantams were shown (5 black, 2 lavender, 7 wheaten) and 8 (I think, correct me if I\'m wrong Royce) lf, wheaten and blue wheaten.  That\'s a great turnout for this area!

My black cock bird took Ch. Ameraucana, with Res. Ameraucana going to a Jr. exhibitor with a black bantam hen.  All in all a great show, met lots of new people, had a nice visit with Royce, and can\'t wait to do it all again!

Cloverleaf Farm

« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2010, 04:04:36 AM »
Forgot to click \"add attachment\" in my original message to post the pic of my boy...

John

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2010, 09:43:19 AM »
He looks very nice...congratulations!

Mike Gilbert

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2010, 11:11:09 AM »
Congratulations!    Was Jean there?   Who won in the Am large fowl?   And who judged?    Did you breed the blacks yourself?  Lots of questions - I tend to be a detail fanatic.

Cloverleaf Farm

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2010, 02:03:20 PM »
Thanks John and Mike!  All of my blacks (and lavs) originated from John.  This roo was from 2009 chicks. All LF shown were by Royce.  Bantam judge was Jamie Watts, and Ken Cooke judged the LF.  Jean didn\'t make it to this show - too much snow in her area.  We still had 4 Ameraucana exhibitors though. :)

Jean

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pipsandpeeps.com
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2010, 02:14:35 PM »
Jeanine, you may have some competition next year in bantams.  I got a trio of bantams a couple weeks ago.  One pullet from Mike and a pair from Patty Pickard.  

Both of the girls are already laying.  I\'m thinking of firing up the incubator and setting some eggs soon......

By the way, they are the cutest little things!  I\'ve never owned bantams and I think they\'re so sweet.
Jean

Cloverleaf Farm

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2010, 02:19:37 PM »
Bring it on Jean! LOL  I\'ve got a cockerel I\'m growing out that has me thinking he might just put my roo to shame! ;)  Don\'t forget to hook me up with some hatching eggs!!  I just emailed Mike about chicks too...

Korfus Kluckers

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2010, 09:58:44 PM »
Quote from: Cloverleaf Farm
Thanks John and Mike!  All of my blacks (and lavs) originated from John.  This roo was from 2009 chicks. All LF shown were by Royce.  Bantam judge was Jamie Watts, and Ken Cooke judged the LF.  Jean didn\'t make it to this show - too much snow in her area.  We still had 4 Ameraucana exhibitors though. :)

The Judge was Jamie Matts from NY- the big time Cochin breeder

Cloverleaf Farm

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2010, 05:40:03 AM »
Quote from: Korfus Kluckers

Oops!  :D  I guess I didn\'t look close enough at his jacket...

Korfus Kluckers

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2010, 01:32:44 PM »
Quote from: Korfus Kluckers

Oops!  :D  I guess I didn\'t look close enough at his jacket...

I think he did a wonderful job with judging

Tailfeathers

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2010, 10:13:40 PM »
Just for the record, I only took 3 Wheaten & 3 BW Pullets.  Don\'t have any males worthy yet.  

I didn\'t talk with Ken as I am pretty sure that I saw Jamie judging the LF Ameraucana too.  I did talk with Jamie & he said he sees mostly solid colors (Blacks & Blues mostly) at the shows in the N.E.

I am very pleased with the results of last year\'s efforts and I know that these six are the best I\'ve produced yet.  While I didn\'t have any other LF (Let\'s not let that happen again, ok folks?!) and was disappointed to not see any, I am pleased to know that he thought the ones I brought would rank right up there with the ones he\'s seen in the N.E. shows that he mostly judges.

I somehow completely missed the Lavendars but Jen did have a very nice Black Cockerel and I must admit the nicest looking Ameraucana there.  The Bantam W & BW pullets were nice too and, as Jean already said, sure are cute.  

All in all it was a great show and it was really nice meeting and chatting with everyone - but especially my fellow Ameraucana breeders!

God Bless,

Mike Gilbert

« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2010, 09:44:12 AM »
Royce, it\'s good to hear you feel you are finally making some progress with those wheatens and blue wheatens.   With six good females you have the foundation to build a solid flock.
I seldom keep any more than that in one variety to breed from.   It sounds like Chehalis was a very nice show.  A friend, Tim Jurgens, had a bantam R.I.Red on Champion row, and one of our Chantecler Club members, Bruce Bickle, had Champion American on a Partridge Chantecler.  If I ever made the trip I\'m sure it would feel like home.  But I would be pretty leery about crossing the mountains this time of year so doubt that it will happen.

Cloverleaf Farm

« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2010, 01:25:33 PM »
Mike, that was a really awesome partridge Chantecler, I wish I had gotten a better pic of him.  Also, I met Tim, and ended up with his crele Chantecler cockerel...REALLY excited about THAT project!!

Korfus Kluckers

« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2010, 01:47:22 PM »
Quote from: Mike Gilbert
Royce, it\'s good to hear you feel you are finally making some progress with those wheatens and blue wheatens.   With six good females you have the foundation to build a solid flock.
I seldom keep any more than that in one variety to breed from.   It sounds like Chehalis was a very nice show.  A friend, Tim Jurgens, had a bantam R.I.Red on Champion row, and one of our Chantecler Club members, Bruce Bickle, had Champion American on a Partridge Chantecler.  If I ever made the trip I\'m sure it would feel like home.  But I would be pretty leery about crossing the mountains this time of year so doubt that it will happen.

I did not know Bruce had Chanteclers. Im waiting on Donna the lady that took all the pictures for the show. I like to always send the exhibitiors pictures if we can. Sometimes it is hard to get good pictures of your birds.

Once I get his pair breeding, I will be showing some brown reds. I really like this pair. Thanks again Mike:

Mike Gilbert

« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2010, 02:01:55 PM »
Hey, your welcome Christina.   While the pair of brown reds is somewhat undersized at least they have decent Ameraucana type and characteristics.   And I know you have a good plan to increase the size.  Good luck with them.   And by the way, I think you had a pretty major win at that show with a Black Orp, am I right?   Congratulations to you as well!