Author Topic: Sunday Morning  (Read 7339 times)

Mike Gilbert

Sunday Morning
« on: December 12, 2010, 02:39:48 PM »
Churches and everything else shut down this morning.  Here are some views of our place after getting the driveway plowed and about 2 1/2 hours of shoveling by both of us.

Sorry, the pictures did not come up, I\'ll try again.   Always forget how many pixels it has to be reduced to.

Mike Gilbert

Sunday Morning
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2010, 02:53:28 PM »
The chicken barn.    There is a path through it, you can\'t see it in this pic.

Mike Gilbert

Sunday Morning
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2010, 02:58:53 PM »
The house.

Mike Gilbert

Sunday Morning
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2010, 03:01:09 PM »
Drifts up to windows.  Birds can set on the snow and practically reach the feeder.

Cloverleaf Farm

Sunday Morning
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2010, 12:31:07 AM »
WOW Mike!!!!  

John

Sunday Morning
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2010, 09:22:56 AM »
The sun is shining and we woke up to 5.5\" of snow.  Not too bad.  It\'s only 7 degrees out so I\'m not in a hurry to go out and plow it.  I took this photo from the window.  The schools are closed probably mostly due to the drifting.  
They got 11.5\" over in the Thumb because of the lake-effect snow off Saginaw Bay.  By the way, this is Monday morning here in mid Michigan.  We generally get the weather Mike gets a day late.

Cloverleaf Farm

Sunday Morning
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2010, 12:22:42 PM »
\"I will NOT complain about our rain, I will NOT complain about our rain, I will NOT...\"  :o

Mike Gilbert

Sunday Morning
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2010, 01:08:29 PM »
This isn\'t bad.   The paths we dug out to the barn where it is not drifted are only 18 inches deep.    The real problem, everytime it snows it gets cold afterward.   We were at zero or below this a.m., and the high today was 7 above.
The forecast says 16 below zero tonight.

Korfus Kluckers

Sunday Morning
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2010, 03:47:30 PM »
I need to take some pictures my place looks the same as yours , Mike!

Birch Run Farm

Sunday Morning
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2010, 10:09:56 PM »
Come to Vermont sometime, ya all got a dusting far as I am concerned!

:D

dak

Sunday Morning
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2010, 10:31:20 PM »
50 degrees and sunny in New Mexico today.  Went and cut a Christmas tree in my shirt sleeves today.  Grew up in Michigan and don\'t miss that weather a bit.

far149

• ABC Members
    • View Profile
Sunday Morning
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2010, 10:52:38 PM »
Just make me appreciate Texas more!
Aaron
Rhoton Hill Farms

Sunday Morning
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2010, 11:27:02 PM »
Quote from: Birch Run Farm
Come to Vermont sometime, ya all got a dusting far as I am concerned!

:D

OMG I agree on that one.  I lived in Burlington and Hunntington/Starksboro for years. Will stay right here in SE Louisiana now!  Don\'t miss that snow and sub zero temps at all!!!!

Beth C

Sunday Morning
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2010, 08:55:21 AM »
I miss snow! But I have a feeling I may eat my words before winter is out. We generally don\'t see much snow here, maybe an inch or two once a year, and not every year, but it\'s gotten so cold so early I think we might just see \"real\" snow this year.

bryngyld

• ABC Members
  • Associate
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bryngyld.com
Sunday Morning
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2010, 09:35:02 AM »
Ummm, on Sunday I realized after raking the fall leaves (not quite done) that I needed to mow a few high spots on the green lawn.

That week there were yard chickens foraging at 2 am under the yard light.  It was so warm and windless (crazy weather even for CA) that a small group of youngsters was out and about.
Lyne Peterson
Northern California