Author Topic: My first hatch  (Read 2893 times)

Jean

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pipsandpeeps.com
My first hatch
« on: February 03, 2011, 10:24:55 AM »
My first hatch is popping out right now.

The gals weren\'t too cooperative in my regular pens, so I set a bunch of silver/split eggs.  One from the pen with a silver cock bird over silver/split pullets and one from a pen with a silver/split cock bird over silver hens.

Most of the chicks have the silver chick down.  I would say around 70% of them.  Some of them are black; I am going to presume that they are males.  That is how it turned out last time I hatched.

I also have my first batch of bantam eggs just about ready to hatch.  I\'m so excited about them.  

It\'s time to start collecting from the rest of the pens so hopefully I have something to take to Indy....
Jean

Beth C

My first hatch
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2011, 11:55:52 AM »
Congrats! My first chicks hatched Tue., with a few more hatching today. Lord, please let this be a better year than last!

John

My first hatch
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2011, 12:02:43 PM »
Some of them are black; I am going to presume that they are males. That is how it turned out last time I hatched.

I assume it was just a coincidence.  There shouldn\'t be any reason for all the black chicks to be males that I can think of.

Cloverleaf Farm

My first hatch
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2011, 02:04:53 PM »
YAY Jean!!!  Can\'t wait to see those bantam babies!!!  

Jean

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pipsandpeeps.com
My first hatch
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2011, 05:37:47 PM »
I have 17 chicks now from the silver project pen and only five are pure black.  Four or five more eggs still to hatch.

Some are very dark, so I think I will get some dark ones; but some look really promising almost normal.......

Hope they grow out big!!!
Jean