Author Topic: Looking to buy some Bantam Ameraucana  (Read 4939 times)

bantamhill

Looking to buy some Bantam Ameraucana
« on: March 01, 2011, 07:34:49 PM »
No, I haven\'t suddenly figured out how to keep chickens in the townhouse!

I have been contacted by a potential Junior member who had an animal get into his Ameraucana bantams and kill them.

His name is Tyler Brammer and he is located in Greencastle, Indiana. His email is goatdude55@yahoo.com. He is mostly interested in silver, buff, and brown red bantams.

Thanks!

Michael

Cloverleaf Farm

« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2011, 05:33:47 AM »
I also know Tyler, and would just like to add that this is a super great kid!  He works really hard on his birds, and is quite knowledgeable for his age.  He is devastated at the loss of his birds.  (Upon closer inspection, it seems they may have been killed by a 2-legged predator).

Beth C

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2011, 06:40:10 AM »
That\'s horrible! I agree, Jeanine, I\'ve read some of his posts and it took a while for me to figure out he was a kid - he takes this very serious, and I hate seeing this happen to him. I wish I had something to send him, but I only have LF...

tinadinkins

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2011, 09:27:14 AM »
Quote from: Cloverleaf Farm
I also know Tyler, and would just like to add that this is a super great kid!  He works really hard on his birds, and is quite knowledgeable for his age.  He is devastated at the loss of his birds.  (Upon closer inspection, it seems they may have been killed by a 2-legged predator).

I can be niave sometimes, what do you mean by a 2-legged predator.

faith valley

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2011, 09:45:25 AM »
human preditor

faith valley

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2011, 09:53:37 AM »
I did email with Tyler yesterday. We have a lot of wheaten bantam youngsters hatched out 80+, but none of the colors that he is looking for. The season is just starting though and there will be lots of youngsters still hatching.

I met Tyler at our national last year- great kid. Hope that he can get some birds to work with. Tough time of year to be looking for grown birds.

Patty

Beth C

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2011, 12:19:28 PM »
So sad - had he even started incubating/hatching yet? Not that they\'d be much help this season, but I hope he at least has some chicks from his birds.

And I hope the \"predator\" is dealt with swiftly & severely. Sadly, this type is often the hardest to fight...

Cloverleaf Farm

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2011, 02:03:47 PM »
Quote from: Beth C
So sad - had he even started incubating/hatching yet? Not that they\'d be much help this season, but I hope he at least has some chicks from his birds.

And I hope the \"predator\" is dealt with swiftly & severely. Sadly, this type is often the hardest to fight...

They are taking pictures, and gathering as much evidence as they can to see if they can build a case to press charges.  They are pretty sure they know who did it.  
I asked him about hatching eggs, and he apparently has had some really bad luck with incubating and doesn\'t want to go there right now, so no, no saved eggs to incubate from his own birds.

jerryse

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2011, 03:55:32 PM »
I have sent Tyler a email.I may have something he can use.I am sorting out my breeders and have extras. Jerry

Cloverleaf Farm

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2011, 04:14:15 PM »
Quote from: jerryse
I have sent Tyler a email.I may have something he can use.I am sorting out my breeders and have extras. Jerry

That\'s fantastic Jerry!!!

Beth C

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2011, 05:00:39 PM »
Yay, Jerry!!!

Mike Gilbert

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2011, 05:06:43 PM »
Way to go Jerry.  You are a good man.  I had just sold or promised all my extra Ameraucana bantams when the notice was posted.  Tyler called me and I offered a trio of Silver Laced Wyandottes, but he was not interested in those.

tinadinkins

« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2011, 06:04:50 PM »
What color of bantam ameraucanas is he looking for? I tried to email him but my email would let me send it for some reason.

bantamhill

« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2011, 07:10:03 PM »
buff, silver, brown red