Author Topic: FILING GRIEVANCE WITH ABA  (Read 8739 times)

Jean

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pipsandpeeps.com
FILING GRIEVANCE WITH ABA
« on: March 10, 2011, 11:33:16 AM »
I am taking this opportunity to inform the members of our Club that I will be filing a formal grievance with the ABA regarding an e-mail Matt Lhamon sent to an ABA member here in Washington.  She had requested grievance information from the Secretary of the ABA, Karen Unrath.

Mr. Lhamon replied to the inquirer, saying that the Ameraucana Lavender breeders were \"nut jobs\".  He assumed the person that was inquiring about the information was me.  I for one am tired of the name calling.  No Officer of any of the Clubs in our fancy should be resorting to such innappropriate conduct.

If you are a member of the ABA and find this insulting, I would suggest that you also file a grievance regarding this statement.  I for one am tired of the bullying and the lack of respect.  

Below is a copy of what was said by Mr. Lhamon.  If you would like to have the original forwarded please contact me.  The grievance must be postmarked by March 17, 2011 and sent to the Secretary of the ABA.  I would also suggest using registered mail.

--- On Thu, 3/3/11, Matt Lhamon wrote:

Subject: RE: ABA News g
To: \"\'Karen Unrath\'\" , \"\'Jennifer Nicole\'\"
Cc: \"\'MIKE STICHLER\'\"
Date: Thursday, March 3, 2011, 2:33 PM

I am sure she is talking about me as I called her Lavander Americauna group a bunch of “nutjobs” which they are. Fire me , please!

Matthew A. Lhamon
5540 Clum Road
Lima, OH 45806
419-234-4427
mattlh@embarqmail.com

If you would like any further information from me, please contact me.  

Thanks,
Jean

greeneggsandham

• ABC Members
  • Colleague
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2011, 11:53:37 AM »
He didn\'t even spell Ameraucana correctly.  
Sharon
Hubby rues the day he brought the chicks home...

John

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2011, 12:08:30 PM »
Lavander Americauna

My spelling isn\'t very good so I can understand misspelling \"lavender\", but as an ABA VP and licensed judge that owns a Standard he should have taken a moment to check the spelling of Ameraucana.  
I was at TSC yesterday and they were selling \"Americauna\" chicks.  Yes, it was the exact same spelling and I believe I\'ve seen one or more of the commercial hatcheries use the same spelling.
That bad news is there still are other judges and old time fanciers that agree with his opinion of many of us. :(
The good news is they are outnumbered!  :D  

Birch Run Farm

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2011, 08:34:36 PM »
YOU\'RE FIRED!

Punk

Beth C

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2011, 08:46:16 PM »
I might have thought he was just being a smart-aleck using the EE misspelling if he hadn\'t misspelled lavender, too...

Jean

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pipsandpeeps.com
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2011, 10:57:43 PM »
This isn\'t the first time he has referred to people breeding \"lavender\" birds as nut jobs.  I gave him a public outing in the Poultry Press (see our last bulletin) the last time and hoped he would stop and think before he spewed from the mouth next time.
Jean

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2011, 06:26:29 PM »
I\'m not a member of the ABA, and cetainly do not have any understanding of why the vice-president of the ABA and the president of the ABC are publicly arguenig over the term \"lavender\"................. along with the public outing of his opinion of those breeders preferring that term and use of the term \"nut cases\". I can\'t see how any of this is going to help the cause of the members of the ABC in their desire to have the color [whatever it\'s officially called] recognized. Please, if I\'m missing something, let me know.

John

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2011, 09:17:59 PM »
Steve,
Maybe I can offer some background information on this.  A  while back a discussion was started on another forum about \"lavender\".
http://showbirdbid.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=1486
It received a lot of input and some folks couldn\'t give thier opinions without getting upset and into some name calling.
Since Matt is both a licensed judge and VP of the ABA, Jean filed the grievance due to his conduct that was aimed at her and other ABC members.  Since it does involve other ABC members and they only have so many days to respond, if they wish to, she posted the details here.  Jean is the ABC president, but the grievance was filed by her not on behalf of the club.
I hope that helps explain.  

Cloverleaf Farm

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2011, 09:36:46 PM »
Quote from: John
Steve,
Maybe I can offer some background information on this.  A  while back a discussion was started on another forum about \"lavender\".
http://showbirdbid.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=1486
It received a lot of input and some folks couldn\'t give thier opinions without getting upset and into some name calling.
Since Matt is both a licensed judge and VP of the ABA, Jean filed the grievance due to his conduct that was aimed at her and other ABC members.  Since it does involve other ABC members and they only have so many days to respond, if they wish to, she posted the details here.  Jean is the ABC president, but the grievance was filed by her not on behalf of the club.

Exactly.  Matt is the one that made his opinion public, not Jean.  ;)

QUADCH

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2011, 10:10:15 PM »
If anyone is interested in joining us nut jobs, I have a lovely trio of Lavender bantams for sale, plus a few more extra hens. Laying now. contact me privately. I prefer not to ship. $75 for the trio. Located in Northern IL.
Lori

Cloverleaf Farm

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2011, 10:31:49 PM »
Quote from: QUADCH
If anyone is interested in joining us nut jobs, I have a lovely trio of Lavender bantams for sale, plus a few more extra hens. Laying now. contact me privately. I prefer not to ship. $75 for the trio. Located in Northern IL.
Lori

LOL  I\'m already a nut job!!  But some would say that occurred long before I got lavenders....  ;)

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2011, 11:05:32 PM »
Quote from: John
Steve,

Thank you John.
I was able to read about half of that thread before becoming bored and disgusted with the merry-go-round. Basicly, two sides, neither willing to concede the other\'s points, going on until tempers flared.................... and with a few attracted to such events climbing on board.
It would be my hope that those interested in getting this variety accepted into the APA would be willing to do so under either name.

« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2011, 11:18:49 PM »
Quote from: Cloverleaf Farm

Exactly.  Matt is the one that made his opinion public, not Jean.  ;)

I never learned of any of this untill reading of a request on BYC from Jean for ABA members to contact her; and a more detailed description here. [Along with the insult of Matt being called \"punk\" by another member here on this forum.]

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2011, 11:28:32 PM »
Quote from: QUADCH
Lori

If only they were LF................

dak

« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2011, 12:09:02 AM »
Guess I\'m a nut job, but I\'m a LF nut job!  :D