Author Topic: Shipping eggs to Canada  (Read 2791 times)

WMeredith

Shipping eggs to Canada
« on: May 23, 2011, 12:59:32 PM »
I have seen some discussion of shipping birds to Canada, but has anyone shipped hatching eggs ?
If so could you please share the information.

Thanks

John

Shipping eggs to Canada
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2011, 01:45:13 PM »
hatching eggs ?

Wayne,
I haven\'t, but have shipped chicks to the border. I think it is about the same procedure.  I believe they can only be sent to a post office on this side of the border for the customer to pickup and import with the proper papers.  You\'ll need a vet and VS FORM 17-6.

http://www.inspection.gc.ca/english/anima/heasan/pol/ie-2002-3e.shtml
12. Hatching Eggs
(1) Hatching eggs may be imported into Canada from the United States if, in addition to the certification required under subsection 3(1), the certificate required under subsection 3(1) states that to the best of the knowledge and belief of a veterinarian, the flock from which the eggs originated is free from communicable disease and has not been exposed to avian pneumoencephalitis (Newcastle Disease), fowl typhoid (Salmonella gallinarum), fowl plague (Highly Pathogenic Avian Influenza), pullorum disease (Salmonella pullorum) or ornithosis (Chlamydiosis, Psittacosis).

(2) Hatching eggs may be imported into Canada from the United States if:

a.the hatching eggs are in new, clean containers, or in used containers that have been cleaned and disinfected for the purpose of preventing the introduction of diseases;
b.the shells of the hatching eggs are free from egg yolk, manure, soil or other foreign matter; and
c.the identification of the flock of origin of the hatching eggs is legible and clearly visible on the exterior of each container of hatching eggs.
(3) Hatching eggs of a chicken, turkey or game bird may be imported into Canada from the United States if the certificate required under subsection 3(1) states that:

a.the flock of origin from which the eggs originated is free of pullorum disease (Salmonella pullorum) and fowl typhoid (Salmonella gallinarum) under the United States Department of Agriculture National Poultry Improvement Plan; or
b.serological tests have been conducted on all poultry in the flock of origin from which the eggs originated within 12 months preceding importation and such tests proved negative for pullorum disease (Salmonella pullorum) and fowl typhoid (Salmonella gallinarum); and
c.the eggs originated from poultry resident in the flock of origin which existed at the time of the tests of the flock referred to in paragraph (b) or from poultry that were natural increases of that flock or additions which originated from a flock serologically negative to a test for pullorum disease (Salmonella pullorum) and fowl typhoid (Salmonella gallinarum) within 12 months prior to entry to the flock of origin.

bigwood56

Shipping eggs to Canada
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2011, 10:35:23 PM »
 Most the Canadians I\'ve dealt with are use to it and supply stateside address.

Cloverleaf Farm

Shipping eggs to Canada
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2011, 05:30:08 AM »
\"Eating eggs\" can be taken over the border with no special paperwork....