Author Topic: Arne Schmidt Memorial Traveling Plaque  (Read 3137 times)

bantamhill

Arne Schmidt Memorial Traveling Plaque
« on: August 29, 2011, 08:27:19 PM »
Who has the Arne Schmidt Memorial Traveling Plaque? Please shoot Michael an e-mail at Michael@bantamhill.com.

Thanks!

bantamhill

« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2011, 09:25:26 AM »
The plaque has been located!

John

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2011, 10:34:06 AM »
Buff for 2011...

Cloverleaf Farm

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2011, 03:47:41 PM »
That looks really nice - can you explain it to those of us who don\'t know what it is?

Mike Gilbert

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2011, 06:27:11 PM »
Arne Schmidt was a wonderful, generous person and a former ABC Director from Minnesota.   He also did great flower arrangements and was a talented singer for his church.  He died prematurely, in his 50\'s I believe.   We started this memorial in his memory.   Best large fowl at the annual meet in the four colors he raised wins the award each year.  The varieties eligible for the award rotate annually. This year it will be awarded for best buff Ameraucana large fowl.  I believe Carl Brantley won it last year (national meet was in Kentucky) for best blue.  Sorry, it was Tom Kernan that won last year.    White and black are the other two varieties, so white next year and black the following year, then back to buff, etc.

John

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2011, 06:41:36 PM »
Tom Kernan was the winner last year.

Cloverleaf Farm

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2011, 06:47:53 PM »
That is so great that the club does this - thanks for sharing the story.  I am constantly coming up with new reasons why I love this club!