Author Topic: Sales Area at Indianapolis  (Read 8808 times)

Mike Gilbert

Sales Area at Indianapolis
« on: September 10, 2011, 10:01:17 AM »
Patty Pickard is reserving a 10\' by 10\' square sales area at Crossroads.   Looking for a few folks to go in on it (total cost is $50) to sell Ameraucanas at a central location.   Bob Walchak and I have already committed.  Any other takers?
We will split the cost and help each other sell birds.

John

« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2011, 11:42:31 AM »
Sure...I\'m good for an even split.

faith valley

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2011, 02:47:11 PM »
How many sales areas should I reserve?

Patty

Mike Gilbert

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2011, 03:49:44 PM »
So we have only four ABC members committed.  I think one would be enough unless we have many more with a request to be included.

grisaboy

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2011, 10:00:34 AM »
I would be willing to chip in $10 to have a place to put a sales cage or two.

Curtis Beck

Paul

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2011, 11:16:26 AM »
We would be interested in being part of this.  Don\'t have much to sell due to the extreme heat a bobcat and a couple coyotes.

Need to purchase a lavender cockerel, and always looking for black, blue and wheatens capable of improving ours.
Paul Smith

Mike Gilbert

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2011, 12:25:53 PM »
That gives us six.   Patty, will one spot be enough?  I won\'t be bringing much to sell that isn\'t entered in the show or presold.

faith valley

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2011, 02:50:08 PM »
I think I better sign us up for 2 spots.... we may have some members that are not online that may need sale spots as well.  I am planning to bring 4 standard sale pens with the trusses to double stack the pens. So I will plan to pay for 1/2 of one sale spot. That would leave $75.00 for everyone else to chip in on.  I think that should be pretty reasonably priced. I had thought to bring a folding table as well for smaller table top sale items that we may have.... or to put our soda/coffee on while we help a buyer... LOL

We had 8 extra hats made up with the embroidered ameraucana on them- very nice- thought to have them available at the show if members were interested in purchasing them.

Is everyone in agreement that I register us for 2 sale spots?

Patty

John

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2011, 04:51:00 PM »
Like Curtis, I\'m good for up to $10 or an even split.  I would do more, but I don\'t think I\'ll have much if anything to sell that won\'t be presold.

faith valley

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2011, 06:37:49 PM »
I think we will be fine with the two spots. Folks can just pay for the amount of space they use...  a 3\' x 5\' section of floor would be just a touch over $8.00. So if folks are committing to $10 that would be plenty to chip in, so long as they did not need more than a 3\' x 5\' section.  In my case, I need a larger section of floor, so I should have to pay accordingly.  If I want to use a 5\' x 10\' section then I need to pay 25.00 as that is half of one sale spot.

Sound fair?

Patty

Mike Gilbert

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2011, 09:30:38 PM »
Sounds good to me.

faith valley

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2011, 09:56:21 AM »
John, do you still have some of those small signs that we used at the last national? You had them in a plastic type stand... It would be nice to have some type of sign to designate that this is an \"Ameraucana Centeral\" sale space. It may make it easier for buyers & members to find us if we had some type of a sign at the front of the sale space.

Just a thought.

Patty

John

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2011, 09:31:39 PM »
I did print the club logo on some letter size card stock and taped them to the wire cages.  I can print more.
I also have a plastic sign with a wood base that we generally put on the show cages to promote the breed and they help us find them quickly.
I think Michael has some of the clear plastic holders that he uses at the club table.

Jean

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pipsandpeeps.com
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2011, 10:04:02 PM »
Is someone bringing the ABC banner?  I\'ve got one.

I\'ve also got small signs to put atop the cages for the LF and bantam areas of ameraucanas if we need those too.
Jean

HarryS

• ABC Members
  • Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2011, 10:44:00 PM »
Booting this up because there had been some requests for birds.  I will not be there but perhaps you could tell some perspective buyers what you may have available and what time the sales will start.  Fri? Time? ect.  
Harry Shaffer