Author Topic: lavender ameraucana  (Read 4331 times)

faith valley

lavender ameraucana
« on: October 02, 2011, 08:59:32 PM »
I received an email today with a question that I did not have an answer to.  I will paste the question below, hopefully someone will know the answer.

~Patty

Do you know if the Crossroads show is the qualifying meet for the lavender ameraucana bantams to get into the standard?

Just wondering,

Thanks,

Melinda Hoffman

Mike Gilbert

lavender ameraucana
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2011, 10:32:42 AM »
There has been no announcement, so we would have to conclude the answer is no.   Do we have five breeders who have bred them five years or more?

John

lavender ameraucana
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2011, 10:41:59 AM »
Do we have five breeders who have bred them five years or more?

I\'m sure we do, but still don\'t think the club has any plans to go thru the recognition process any time soon especially with the problem the ABA has with \"lavender\".

bantamhill

lavender ameraucana
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2011, 01:24:25 PM »
My notes show that there was no consensus to go with self blue as a name over lavender, in fact the opposite is true. My understanding is that the name \"lavender\" is very important, and is/was more important than APA/ABA approval at this time. I believe the board has decided to hold off and work on other breeds to get the name lavender to be viewed as acceptable before applying. Technically, the rules allow you to use any name for the color that the breed club wants.

Michael

faith valley

lavender ameraucana
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2011, 02:23:35 PM »
Thank you for clearing that up.  I will forward this info along to Melinda.

dak

lavender ameraucana
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2011, 11:40:35 AM »
First let me state that I prefer the name Lavender, but how long are we willing to let this hold up approval of this variety?  Is there a length of time, beyond which, we would just move ahead with the term Self Blue?

Clare

John

lavender ameraucana
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2011, 01:26:39 PM »
how long are we willing to let this hold up approval of this variety?

With input from the members that is up to the board of directors.  My personal preference is to have it recognized as lavender or not at all and will continue to breed, sell and show them as lavenders. ;) That just drives those old timers over the edge!
If and when we apply for recognition we should have an agreement with the APA/ABA that our $ will be returned unless the lavender name is accepted with the variety.

Jean

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pipsandpeeps.com
lavender ameraucana
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2011, 02:02:49 PM »
Page 5, 2010 SOP

RECOGNITION OF NEW BREEDS AND VARIETIES:

d.  A deposit of the sum sufficient to defray the actual cost of placing the text in the Standard shall be received with the petition, which amount shall be returned in full in case of rejection.

I believe \"Lavender\" is on the agenda for the Club meeting.....
Jean

John

lavender ameraucana
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2011, 07:57:58 PM »
the agenda for the Club meeting

I know Michael usually has a agenda typed up in advance for the president and himself, but if you guys don\'t see any problem with posting it here for us to review in advance please do so.

Jean

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pipsandpeeps.com
lavender ameraucana
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2011, 12:57:13 PM »
We just briefly discussed the agenda, so I do not think it is ready at this point.
Jean