Author Topic: Vogue Magazine  (Read 7255 times)

Beth C

Vogue Magazine
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2011, 12:01:18 PM »
Karen: I\'m still printing full-color, full-size pinups from your pictures!

Vogue Magazine
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2011, 02:29:25 PM »
Yes it is just a small little picture.  It\'s vogue for heaven sakes of course they are not going to have an article about the ameraucana breed  ;) I was just happy to get a little space and a shout out to encourage raising chickens.  If you are curious just flip to it and check it out and put it back on the newsstand, unless you need to line brooder cages.  LOL!!!!!  They wouldn\'t even send me a complimentary copy  :(

The basket did have blue eggs but through all the editing they did it became very washed out.  Even the hens feathers are off color.  

You can see the basket and a couple other pictures on my farm\'s FB page.  http://www.facebook.com/pages/Old-Barn-Hollow-Farm/194309643976445

Vogue Magazine
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2011, 07:14:20 AM »
Bummer Karen!  I was hoping for a big spread of pics in the magazine.

Beth C

Vogue Magazine
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2011, 09:40:09 AM »
It\'s still way cool that there is a picture of YOUR bird in a magazine that\'s sold all over the world! I wish they\'d taken it further, but I guess that would be expecting too much from a publication that covers such thought-provoking topics as \"Black Friday Chic: The Best Bets for Upgrading Your Shopping Look\"... :rolleyes:

John

Vogue Magazine
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2011, 07:41:01 PM »
I was just happy to get a little space and a shout out to encourage raising chickens.

All positive and FREE promotion is great!

FLFAmeraucanas

Vogue Magazine
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2011, 11:14:35 PM »
I still think it is pretty neat!  My friends and family were impressed as well, chickenstalker :)  Of all the breeds and all the colors they could have picked, I am glad they picked the breed I love the best.  I also grew up with many Vogue readers at my high school, so I wasn\'t shocked that they limit the words and have LOTS of pictures if ya know what I\'m sayin\'  ;) I also totally agree with John on free positive promotion...  Can you imagine what a purchased ad in that magazine would run you??? Yikes!

Vogue Magazine
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2011, 09:26:21 AM »
I finally got to see the magazine in person.  I someone sent me a picture of it last week.  Yesterday I went down NYC and got to see the actual magazine...

bantamhill

Vogue Magazine
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2011, 07:48:09 AM »
The pictures are really good and some other magazine may pick them up. Any promotion is a great thing!

Mike Gilbert

Vogue Magazine
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2011, 09:13:36 AM »
Nice photo Karen.   It\'s good to be able to put a name with a face.    Thanks for promoting the breed, and I also visited your website.   Your farm looks like a great place to raise children.

ParadiseFoundFarm

• ABC Members
    • View Profile
Vogue Magazine
« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2011, 04:34:03 PM »
I\'m still going to print these out and pin them up on the wall.  My cocks will be salivating :)
Denise Baker
Paradise Found Farm
        Joliet, IL